My value is dropping really fast and I don't know why

Almonds are Cold!

Recently when I check my backpack.tf value, it's been dropping and I have no idea why.  I've made some very productive trades lately and theoretically, I should have increased, if anything. On December 28th, it was higher than it has even been and today it is lower than it was 2 months ago.  Bear in mind my value has been steadily increasing since then.  Should I be concerned?  How do I figure out what's happening?  Is there a way to monitor my backpack?

EDIT: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198028303024 here's my backpack

Who cares? If you're really that concerned about your BP value "dropping", you may want to get a life. Besides, I highly doubt anyone's bp is accurate anyways.

btw wrong forum to be posting this in.

Your backpack value isn't actually dropping "fast" at all.  If you think about it, 1 dollar fluctuation is only about a 3.5 refined change.  That could be any one of your items or a group of items dropping in price, trading a painted item for less than suggested value (even though you maybe made profit by buying it for much less, backpack.tf will still show it as a loss).  Just remember that the backpack.tf value is an estimate, and will fluctuate from time to time.

apologies on the wrong forum.  And it's dropped over 10% in 1.5 weeks.  That's actually real money I'm loosing, so yeah I'm kinda pissed.

Good point.  I always kind of assumed backpack.tf was the bible, of sorts, for tf2 prices.  maybe I'm relying too hard.  I've only "lost" $5 according to it, so it's not the end of the world.  But I haven't traded any painted items and have only made profitable trades lately, by their standards.

Valve took away hundreds of dollars worth of items from me, get over it.

If you can't bring anything to the conversation that can even be found remotely helpful, please don't respond.  It's considered off-topic and counter-productive when he is trying to get answers.

Good point.  I always kind of assumed backpack.tf was the bible, of sorts, for tf2 prices.  maybe I'm relying too hard.  I've only "lost" $5 according to it, so it's not the end of the world.  But I haven't traded any painted items and have only made profitable trades lately, by their standards.

If you want to know if it's your trading habits or just fluctuation, grab a pen and paper and keep track of your own trades for a week.  I promise if you note what you paid for everything and what you sold it for, you won't be disappointed in that little dollar sign on backpack.tf's page. 

If you want to know if it's your trading habits or just fluctuation, grab a pen and paper and keep track of your own trades for a week.  I promise if you note what you paid for everything and what you sold it for, you won't be disappointed in that little dollar sign on backpack.tf's page. 

I just started doing this yesterday, actually, and it's nice to visualize my net profit.  Also, upon reflecting, I see that lately I've sold some items on the market.  Thank you for the help! I guess I was kind of freaked out when I saw my value so much lower than I'm used to.

I guess I was kind of freaked out when I saw my value so much lower than I'm used to.

>According to your statisitics, you lost $3, which you didn't really, since you said sold some stuff on the market.

Cry me a river, Build me a bridge, and Get over it.

If you aren't losing any items, then it doesn't matter. And you are definitely not losing money, because it is impossible to make TF2 a source of income, no matter what people say. Think about how long it takes to make one bud and compare the value of that to a job's wage.

If you aren't losing any items, then it doesn't matter. And you are definitely not losing money, because it is impossible to make TF2 a source of income, no matter what people say. Think about how long it takes to make one bud and compare the value of that to a job's wage.

Actually i know alot of people which uses trading as a way to pay for their bills :P

Back when i was in highschool i would make ~1 bud a day from casual trading so i wont be surprised if others are and still generate alot of money from trading xD

Edit: not saying a game should replace a job or anything just that you will be surprised how much money people can make. Many people take this game as of it's the share market.

Why is this backpack.tf's problem? You got the same items.

If you are going to sell your items you should not use a non-official tool to calculate the value anyway.

It's useless.

Back when i was in highschool i would make ~1 bud a day from casual trading so i wont be surprised if others are and still generate alot of money from trading xD

~1 bud a day?! You have to teach us your ways.

i make like 600$ a month which i consider around the same a minimum wage job would be, so you can definitely be relying on this (I dont and dont think its a good idea), but i know people that do.

Anyway back to the topic, you souldnt worry about bp.tfs value doesnt need to be super accurate some stuff you may have recently traded for or made might not be counting, like say that strangefier. also refined just dropped in $

Archived