People that you hate

Discovery

Since this thread http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/60407-wordsphrases-that-you-hate/was kind of popular, I decided to make a similar thread. This time, I want to know the types of people that you hate, whether they are just mild irritations to you or invoke actual, deep hatred. 

People who use big words too often. I just see them as people who want to look intelligent and eloquent but end up making their point incoherent because of how many unusual vocabulary words they use in their sentences. Now, for a little self-awareness and reflection, I sometimes do this myself.

People who create a standard of behaviour that they themselves cannot live up to. In other words, hypocrites.

E.g.

Last Christmas, my brother made a big deal about me not helping out in decorating the Christmas Tree. This is coming from a guy who'd rather play NBA 2K16 in his room than help my mother decorate.

People who claim that they advocate for free speech but the moment they hear speech that makes the uncomfortable, they immediately condemn and try to censor it.

People who say that you should be more open-minded, but once you have ideas that contradict theirs they become the exact opposite of open-minded.

Islam apologists. What pisses me off the most about these types of people is that when a terror attack happens, they try to protect Islam and its followers instead of focusing on the terror attack in the name of tolerance, not being racist or Islamophobic, and not strengthening the generalization that all Muslims want to bomb areas and kill people. I very much agree that not all Muslims are terrorists, but the problem is that there are some Muslims who condone and support terror attacks. The generalization may not be valid, but it's certainly understandable.

Players who taunt after every kill. It's especially irritating when they use the stock taunts like the Sniper's Wave taunt. 

People who try to blame something/someone else about a particular issue.

E,g.

Kathy Griffin saying that what's happening to her is a gender issue.

Parents blaming video games/hip hop music/rock music/violent movies whenever a school shooting happens.

Paul Feig calling misogyny when the Ghostbusters remake got a lot of hate.

People who misuse a certain word to the point where it's devalued. I could kind of excuse when it's just words like 'literally' or 'overrated', but when it's words like 'rape' or 'sexism' or 'misogyny' or 'bigotry' or 'racist', I just fucking lose it.

Entitled pieces of shit. I never condone violence, nor will I ever wish death upon another human being no matter how shitty they are, but if the next Holocaust is a bunch of spoiled teenagers who post stuff like "Didn't get a car this Christmas. I hate my parents" or "I hate my life... didn't get an iPad this Christmas" or "No iPhone? Fuck you dad!", I wouldn't mind. Like... what the fuck? My immediate reaction is what the fuck did you ever do to make you feel entitled to receive a car? What feat did you achieve that makes you think you're automatically eligible to get something for free? Fucking spoiled brats.

• Like 2

Spammers. They contribute nothing but mild-to-extreme annoyance to anyone who reads the utter shite they spew.

Looking at you, Sphere.

• Like 3

May wanna that alter that title to kinds of people you hate so this doesn't get personal :P

Footballers
People who try and pass of their reduced B/O on their overpriced hat as "quickselling"
People who think the Paper Mario: Colour Splash soundtrack isn't hot fire
People who dress animals in people clothes
Vikings
People who think Cornish pasties are better than Devonshire ones

People who say I look like Will from the Inbetweeners
Sociopaths
Steven Moffat (and by extension people who like the most recent series of Sherlock)
People deathly afraid of tiny-ass spiders
People who look good in a suit
People who haven't tried something and refuse to without good reason
Bandits

some of these are jokes

That guy who sents me a trade offer for a bunch of my unusuals/items for his one large unusual. I don't understand why im overpaying. I don't know who this person is. Why is he taking my items that I marked nfs? Why does he think he will get a free profit and a easy downgrade for his large item?

May wanna that alter that title to kinds of people you hate so this doesn't get personal :P

My bad, the title and the way I went about enumerating my list are misleading, although I don't see the problem in naming a specific person like the pastor of the local church or Shia LaBeouf. Or are you referring to possible flame wars and shitposts when users are naming other users?

Myself tbh

I actually don't hate anyone, I love everybody equally on the inside, but I can't really do that on the outside.

people who agree to a deal and then try to back out

and people who are too wishy-washy 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Don't really hate anyone. Dislike the following traits in people:

- manipulation

- dishonesty

- one-upping

- defensiveness

- lack of self-reflection

• Like 1

Footballers

What don't you like about footballers? Do you mean the fans, players or yobs that attend matches?

Same with the pasties tbh. I swear it's easier to get a Cornish pasty here than a Devon one.

if you have a vac ban they stalk you everywhere you go and tell you "once a cheater always a cheater" or something like that

My list (trading only, because list for everything is too long):

1. People that purposely try to trick you in trade offers by reversing items and what not

2. People that say "Wanna buy my item for x keys? Easy sell at (x+5) keys." My opinion: If it is an easy sell, why don't you sell it yourself :/

3. People that respond to my trades on tf2outpost and don't read the pricelist I link

4. That one guy who asks if I'm quickselling then asks ME to give a price (you know who you are)

1.People who try and pass of their reduced B/O on their overpriced hat as "quickselling"

2. Steven Moffat (and by extension people who like the most recent series of Sherlock)

1. Agreed

2. I like Sherlock :(

Listing only a few

-Entitled "people"

-Liars

-Hypocrites

-Egomaniacs/condescending people

-People who try to guilt trip as much as possible

-One-uppers

Oh man, I was about to get personal (even though it looks like it already has gotten personal but whatever, people that know me already know I spout off about specific people whenever it's relevant so enjoy it in the PMs). Damn it.

Ah well, focusing on Steam in particular:

-People that are entitled (two main categories: people that just assume they can buy my stuff by throwing more money at me (even though I do this to other people and it works, technically this makes me a hypocrite but what else is new),  and people who add me without leaving a comment based on the presumption that they are important enough that I already know/care about who they are. You are not important. I do not care. Please follow my only profile rule.) 

-"Friends" who are control freaks: Judging me based on what I do and the kind of company I keep. Especially if we never even talk; it's my life. I do what I want and it's just very toxic to do that.

-People who try way too hard to relate to everybody. Example: Oftentimes people will make up stories about how they owned X Collector's item that I have now or something. I know pretty much everything about Collector's cosmetics off the top of my head. It is a serious pet peeve when you say something like this. (Actual examples inbound) You did not craft the Collector's Graybanns. I did. You are not telling a funny story that I can relate to when you say that you deleted the Collector's Ein because you didn't know what it was. There was never a Collector's Ein. You did not, at one time, enjoy wearing the Collector's Boston Boom Bringer. There is only one and it has never been crafted. It's okay to not have anything related to say. I don't mind. Really. Be yourself, don't be me. I'm shit.

-People who say Collector's items are worthless and urge me to cash out. First of all, your opinion has been noted and stored with the hundreds of other people I've met in the past 2 and a half years telling me the same thing. Thank you for that. Secondly, if they are worthless, how do you expect me to get any money cashing out?

-People who say that X item is never for sale, and then proceed in the next sentence in the same classified listing to state "unless I get a really good offer". In fact, oftentimes I will see them actually give a number to go alongside that. You are literally outlining how buyouts work. You will not sell unless you get the buyout. Just like everyone else with a buyout. You're just wording it awkwardly and stupidly on purpose. 

-People who hold endless grudges. Recently I was told a story by a friend about X, who was outbid by me for Y Collector's Cosmetic over a year ago. Very recently he was apparently spouting off about that still on a trade server and spent over 500 dollars on a different Collector's cosmetic primarily to spite me so that I could never buy the item, so it was told. He also nicknamed it in his backpack calling me out and called me out in a classified listing for the item. First of all, spending 500 dollars on a year long grudge that everybody but you has forgotten about is neither practical nor intelligent. Second of all, what Dipshit doesn't know is that there's a second one, so fuck him anyways.

-People who needlessly scrutinize my suggestions. I feel like ever since I started out there have been the same couple of people that comment on my suggestions, looking for some discrepancy to point out, whether it be looking for manipulation or sharking. Keep looking, I say. Waste your own time. It might be hard to believe, but yes, I actually do pay real money for fake hats without particle effects. 

-Random invites to groups sent out to entire friends lists. I should strangle you.

-Selling a Collector's hat and telling interested parties that HarryG will pay X amount of keys for it in pure. There have been at least 3 occasions I could remember where X Collector's Hat sold multiple times in the course of a week or so and I was added by each new owner, being told that they were told that I'd pay more then they did in pure for it. Why does anybody believe this? If it's selling for X and I really would pay X + Y, why wouldn't they just sell it to me for X + Y? That's fucking ridiculous.

-My neighbor. Fuck you Dale, that fallen tree was planted on YOUR side of the yard and you can be the one to pay to have it removed. It FELL into my yard when it was struck by lightning, Dale, it wasn't PLANTED there, you dick.

For me, hate implies some sort of personal connection, and nobody's wronged me to the point where I couldn't forgive them.

That being said, one of the personality traits I dislike the most is an inability to sympathize. These are the kind of people who are unable to see any sort of problem unless they are personally affected. These are the kind of people that are incredibly rude to servers and retail workers, being unable to treat them with even basic human decency. And these are the kind of people that commit hate crimes.

There's a seldom-used English word called sonder - it's the emotion for when you realize that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own. It's something to keep in mind whenever you're interacting with someone else. Dehumanization is always the first step of racism, sexism, and general hatred, and it's important to avoid slipping into it in your day-to-day interactions.

Gaming

- Beggers

Used to give free stuff to F2P but most of the time, they always want more.  There was a kid, gave him 5 different paints that could of easily sold on SCM.  Instead, he puts the paints on his hats and tries to sell for more. When he asked for more paints, I gave him some and told him to sell them on SCM.  Didn't listen and asked for more paints.  Now, I just giveaway my extras on scrap.tf, so they have to enter and hope to win.

- Trashtalkers/Accusers

I can stand taunting while dead, its part of the game.  Like playing on a Orange/RTD map.  Kid and me are snipers.  I die, tells me I got owned.  He dies, calls me a hacker/cheater.  Repeats over and over and over.   This is such a great example

• Administrators

I don't think anyone outside of devon knows wtf a devonshire pasty is. I sure don't...

I'd say the biggest one are people that only go to you because you're useful in that moment but then after that they ignore you. 

I don't really hate anyone cause I'm too busy hating myself

That's actually really concerning for me cause maybe I display all these qualities without me knowing it.

• Administrators

people who ask questions on my steam profile and then delete their comment after i reply so it looks like i'm talking to myself