How do you guys feel about tiered items?

MaliciousMango

I know I'm later but I'm just coming back to tf2 after a while and see everywhere items with various tiers and ranks. Let me just start by saying I hate tiered items and adding artificial rarity to tf2 which has functioned well for a decade without it. Also all the colors are a major eyesore. Maybe I'm stuck in the past or something, I know my views don't reflect that of the whole community so let me know what you think I'm curious. 

It makes Valve more money.. yeah.. I wish the last tiered crate that was released is the last tiered case

CS is making money with this tier of unboxing different grade weapons

Maybe if we do the same in TF2 we'll get similar results. 

Well I ...kinda... like the tired items because if you are lucky, you can get most of your money back that you spent on unboxing. Just too bad that Valve most of the time has no idea what is a good hat and what not.

• Like 1

Tiered items are awesome. I honestly don't know why people hate them. They give you a goal of unboxing and make you lose a lot less when you don't get an unusual. 

Very unnecessary feature, and it killed low crafts. I don't mind it on weapon skins, because it actually makes sense there, but on anything that's not a skin, it is pointless.

• Like 1

Very unnecessary feature, and it killed low crafts. I don't mind it on weapon skins, because it actually makes sense there, but on anything that's not a skin, it is pointless.

Honestly I am the other way around. Tier items makes no sense on skins when there is already the rarity multiplier of wear (eg well worn, factory new). But on regular cosmetics there is no inherent rarity multiplier so it works far better. (Sure there is strange and unusual but those exist on both skins and cosmetics)

• Like 1

Dumb tbh. Let the community decide what items should be worth more. That is what happened before. For instance, look at the cold snap coat vs that pants for demo in ETOL.

• Like 1