Gigabytes new laptop looks promising

Pyrocide

Not sure I understand what you are trying to say...?

I want to say that a "compact" gaming laptop is not something for me, it's still heavy and large even though it's thin. You could just spend a little less money on a thicker one and get the same performance. If you buy a gaming laptop and want it to be compact, i think you're making a wrong decision. They can't just be compact and small naturallt.

I want to see good solutions for external graphics-cards through thunderbolt or similar, in that way you can just plug that thing into the computer when you want to play games and still just bring a light-weight small laptop when traveling. 

Yeah, I imagine this thing is going to essentially be a hot brick after actually putting it on your lap or a blanket, completely defeating many of the purposes of getting a compact laptop

I want to see good solutions for external graphics-cards through thunderbolt or similar, in that way you can just plug that thing into the computer when you want to play games and still just bring a light-weight small laptop when traveling. 

This. I could finally get good performance from my macbook.

This. I could finally get good performance from my macbook.

Sony tried that with the Vaio Z a few years back through a firewire 8.0 port irc; and i believe it worked out fine. 

But then again, that was a few years back--when graphics cards were much slower. 

Now, even thunderbolt isn't fast enough to keep up with high end graphics cards--so it would probably* be more of a hinderance then a benefit. 

*Assuming your Mac is something like a recent Macbook Pro--if you have a Macbook Air then it would be beneficial. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I imagine this thing is going to essentially be a hot brick after actually putting it on your lap or a blanket, completely defeating many of the purposes of getting a compact laptop

I heard it won't get too hot but then again it's a compact laptop and that doesn't go well for gaming

I heard it won't get too hot but then again it's a compact laptop and that doesn't go well for gaming

Lol, it's gonna get pretty hot. SLI cards in a really tiny computer is a disaster waiting to happen.

Lol, it's gonna get pretty hot. SLI cards in a really tiny computer is a disaster waiting to happen.

Non-apple laptops are a disaster waiting to happen. 

Of all the laptops i've owned over the years the mac has by far the fewest issues. (and i know i'm not alone on this, of all my friends' laptops, i have to fix the macs the least). 

Non-apple laptops are a disaster waiting to happen. 

Of all the laptops i've owned over the years the mac has by far the fewest issues. (and i know i'm not alone on this, of all my friends' laptops, i have to fix the macs the least). 

Lol, I have a non Mac laptop and I haven't had any problems with it.

(Yes, I know I posted about an issue I had with it recently, but that is completely unrelated to the hardware and can just as easily happen on a desktop.)

Archived