Make it so you have to have a trade offer link to make a Classifieds listing.

Bodomi #Ms. Lady

Elitism? Laziness?

I say: Why the fuck do you not just post your trade offer link?

It benefits everyone involved, people that for a multitude of different reasons don't want to talk to people don't have to talk to you, the process is quicker.

People will add you if they want to negotiate or talk regarding the trade.

[insert current year argument]

Yes!

Also "people like me that don't like people don't have to talk to you," <- same

• Like 2

The only argument I could see against it is like those 2 bots which require adding. But those are a pain in the ass to use so generally people avoid them anyway, so what the fuck just do it.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Why? If people would rather be added to trade, that's up to them. You can just not buy/sell from them if you don't like it.

• Like 2

I'd agree here. Many times I've had to add some clueless new trader and they'd say something like "Uhhh, cow mangler? I don't think I listed that, how do I know if its strange"

• Like 1

Gotta agree with Teeny - I do agree that it's quite clueless not to have a trade offer link set up, it's rather easy to do and is a lot quicker than adding someone and all that, but at the same time, I don't see why we should exclude people who don't have this set up.

There's much bigger things to be worrying about, and 90% of people use trade offers anyway...

Gotta agree with Teeny - I do agree that it's quite clueless not to have a trade offer link set up, it's rather easy to do and is a lot quicker than adding someone and all that, but at the same time, I don't see why we should exclude people who don't have this set up.

There's much bigger things to be worrying about, and 90% of people use trade offers anyway...

Mostly new or inexperienced traders do not have their trade offer link set up yet, this would be a great way to quickly get them to understand what trade offers are, and to get people who think we are still in early 2013 to understand we're not anymore.

Sometimes there's only 1 person selling an item and you have to add them because they do not have a trade offer link.

They are offline, you wait... no response, you go to bed, they come online, you're offline, you wake up, they are offline... Yes, I know this very specific scenario probably doesn't happen all that often, but I think you get my point.

Unnecessary nuisances like this can be avoided.

No one will lose or suffer negatively due to this change, it can only do good as far as I am aware.

I really don't see any reason to not implement this.

On Outpost I can kind of understand why trade offer links are not a requirement, well... not reallyas you can make comments on peoples trades. You can't on backpack.tf

• Administrators

That's a rationale for a guide for how to setup your trade offer link, not a rationale for forcing people to use trade offers when some of them simply don't want to.