China to force online games with loot boxes publicly announce item probabilities

Happysedits

Affecting games with crates, cases, lootboxes, packs etc.

China has just passed regulations on online games, in which there are specific parts on games with loot boxes. 

Translation regarding loot boxes:

2.6 ...Online game publishers shall promptly publicly announce information about the name, property, content, quantity, and draw/forge probability of all virtual items and services that can be drawn/forge on the official website or a dedicated draw probability webpage of the game. The information on draw probability shall be true and effective.

2.7 Online game publishers shall publicly announce the random draw results by customers on notable places of official website or in game, and keep record for government inquiry. The record must be kept for more than 90 days. When publishing the random draw results, some measures should be taken place to protect user privacy.

The regulation will be effective on May 1st, 2017.

Maybe with this the chinese call of duty online will bring balance to those cancerous supply drops I hear about in modern call of duty games.

• Like 1

Maybe with this the chinese call of duty online will bring balance to those cancerous supply drops I hear about in modern call of duty games.

It's too true but yes please

~79% Blue
~16.4% Purple
~3.4% Pink
~1% Red
~0.2% Knife/Glove (=unusual most likely too)

Shouldn't change much, as I'm pretty sure the Chinese govt makes companies use Chinese servers so that they can spy on their citizens.

~79% Blue

~16.4% Purple

~3.4% Pink

~1% Red

~0.2% Knife/Glove (=unusual most likely too)

If it is like that for CSGO I bet it is very similar for tiered cosmetics (Valve reuses everything). Those drop rates are pretty scary tho, especially for elite grade - I don't think anything should be that close in rarity to an Unusual or Austrialium. 

• Like 1