Sheen Tier List

Baloo

I need people's opinions on where Specialized sheens rank, individually from best to worst. Will update this thread once I'm not using mobile to make it nicer and maybe a voting section.

P.S. if this is better under TF2 economy subsection, then please move it.

I haven't followed the sheen values -- would there a separate tier per class or weapon (if they match more?) sounds insane to document.

I've owned plenty of these weapons and I personally couldn't give a rats ass which sheen it is. The main thing that matters is the Killstreaker on Professional items. Specialized killstreaks that only have the sheen are very person specific. If that person wants that sheen is based completely on their opinion and I haven't noticed any consensus while selling.

Ranking the Killstreaker Effects could be done fairly easily as they aren't really related to the weapon itself. Perhaps class specific differences (incinerator+++ for pyro). Personally I like all of the Effects in the right use. I don't really notice the sheens

I generally hear people least like Agonizing Emerald the most, and value the more vivid colors like Hot Rod and rarer colors like Deadly Daffodil more.

But personally I've preferred it- (least-most;bottom-top)

Manndarin

Deadly Daffodil

Villianous Violet

Hot Rod

Mean Grean

Team Shine

Agonizing Emerald

I generally hear people least like Agonizing Emerald the most, and value the more vivid colors like Hot Rod and rarer colors like Deadly Daffodil more.

Really? I haven't seen a huge market for Hot Rod, but definitely for Daffodil. And I heard that Emerald was a pretty rare drop. May have just been screwing with me though :P

Going by what seems to sell highest/fastest on the community market:

Top tier:

Team Shine

Deadly Daffodil

Mid tier:

Agonizing Emerald

Manndarin

Low tier:

Villainous Violet

Mean Green

Hot Rod

Lately I put any of my TS/DD kits in the mid-high end price range of those particular kits, and they consistenly sell within the day.

Top Tier:

Villainous Violet

Team Shine

Agonizing Emerald

Middle Tier:

Hotrod

Low Tier:

Manndarin

Deadly Daffodil

Mean Green

Top to bottom. I'm basing my list on my sell rates and prices I've gotten. I was getting the best prices on Villainous Violet with most notablely multiple $20+ Violet Scatter sells and multiple Violet Medi Gun, Knife, Grenade, Sticky sells well above market low. Team Shine did quite well. Agonizing Emerald did okay but I had problems even trying to sell those kits market low at times.

Hot Rod is a mixed bag but tends to sell above market low.

The other 3 are just seriously bad and have to be sold market low to be sellable.

Overall, this is how I feel:

Top Tier: Team Shine, Daffodil

Middle Tier: Emerald, Manndarin, Violet

Bottom Tier: Mean Green, Hot Rod

I understand that team is top but it does matter for the effects. The color of the sheen is the color of the effect. Color of the effect is important and more for some effects than others. I coukd Hypno not being crap with Tream for example.

Violet, Hot Rod and Emerald standout the most I think.

Archived