Marketplace.tf Experiences

Geel

I love marketplace. I wish csgo was added, I'd switch to it.

Hoping for this too, they mentioned something about that at the beginning of the year, though maybe that was referring to Scrap.tf/CSGO

In terms of selling, definitely very easy to use/straightforward, a great service. My only criticism is that it is hard to search for past selling points on hats that have already sold.

As a seller I like it alot. I sell a lot of items, adding tools so you can bulk add items somehow would be fab.

Recently I have had problems with buying using bitcoin, several times I sent the bitcoins but the site doesn't go though with the deal, the site just takes my money without anything happening. This has happend 3 times now. The really shitty part is that I get no respons from support ( a month since my first ticket). So yesh, not the best experience.

I use it to buy keys, works for that. Would use it to buy items if you could see STRANGE PARTS/SPELLS. Major drawback if you ask me, needs the ability to inspect item or list parts/spells. 

This has been added.

• Like 1

Would be nice to see a way to group items together for sale. I would use it to sell stuff, but the stuff I usually want to sell is a collection of items rather than one single item.

• Like 1

Who actually sets up when an item goes on sale?  I mean, are those items that belong specifically to marketplace.tf? 

I only ask because, I just got one heck of a great deal and wanted to say THANKS !!!  

PS, it was a strange unusual fortunate son. :wub:

You mean the Deals page? That's automatically computed from backpack.tf prices. The price to buy the item is determined by the seller of it.

You mean the Deals page? That's automatically computed from backpack.tf prices. The price to buy the item is determined by the seller of it.

The item I bought was tagged with a '25% off" tag. So the seller did that?

The item I bought was tagged with a '25% off" tag. So the seller did that?

If you hover over the item it'll tell you that it's 25% off of whatever the backpack.tf price is.

The price you see is the price you'll pay.

I like using Marketplace, nothing much to be said. Very high convenience when I don't find any key sellers that are online.

In terms of selling, definitely very easy to use/straightforward, a great service. My only criticism is that it is hard to search for past selling points on hats that have already sold.

You can do this now, go to the bp.tf page for a hat you wanna check. Hit "make a new suggestion" and then there should be a button that links you directly to the mp.tf page.

my gold pan disaper , geel got it back , i love the site 

i hope it has more cash out options so i can buy car or house easily

i really like it 

hi rez long time no see , where you at ?

In terms of payouts it would be amazing if there was some sort of Amazon payout. Amazon and PayPal hate each other so using PayPal to buy shit on Amazon is a pain. That being said it'd probably be really unrealistic.

Do you use Marketplace? Do you like it? Why? If you don't use it, why not?

i sold 7 keys on marketplace.tf, items sold with description 'item missing', the keys r gone from my seller board/ displace and i didnt get any money, its been 10 days, i contacted geel ( no reply, never) i contacted support from marketplace.tf 10 days now, no reply
heres the screenshot as a proof http://imgur.com/a/pxrUg

What's with all the marked scammers on marketplace? Feels like most sales for cheap items are from scammer..

Just started using it and keep getting failed to process while using Paypal.  It seems to fail from purchasing with other currencies than USD.  What is the point of the conversion if its not gonna use the other currency to buy the items.  :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

a way to sort items on the dashboard on marketplace.tf would be great to see.

often times I have to find each and every item I'm selling through ctrl + F

a way to just filter items into categories ( strange, unusuals, unique etc) would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

"Selling items

Once your items are priced, all you have to do is wait for someone to purchase your item. When a customer purchases an item, they are sold by order of lowest price first. This means that if you are selling an item for $10, and someone else is selling that same item for $9, their item will sell first. However, if multiple people are selling the same item for the same price, items are sold in a randomized round-robin. This means that, in short, everyone gets their fair share of sales.

If your item hasn't sold in some time, perhaps you're asking for too much for your item -- or perhaps the right person hasn't found your item yet. Some items, especially special items that are valued by collectors, take longer to sell than other items. Be patient!"

I want to correctly understand how this part works. As usually I get my few shares of sales on craft hats, which are sold hundreds a day. But in this particular week, everything stopped. I see one guy always having around 600 crafts hats for sale, and my 130 are never sold in 5 or 6 days.  How that works, if he has 450 and I 50, and someone  buys 100, it means he sells 90 and I 10? (assuming we are just 2 sellers). All in All, if i upload 600 hats as that guy, will I get my fair share of sales, or somehow someone is prioritised and this won't work and I will have 600 hats just standing there? Price is always the same.

For example, yesterday was sold around 1000 hats, uploaded were around 2500, assuming they all were for 0.1, were sold around 40 %(in reality it's lower, probably around 20-30), and I didn't manage to get even single craft hat sale.

Use it and love it, only thing I wish was changed is having an ability to leave a buy order for anything, in case it ever comes up. Right now you can only leave buy orders for stuff that's already for sale. 

2 hours ago, Mia° said:

Use it and love it, only thing I wish was changed is having an ability to leave a buy order for anything, in case it ever comes up. Right now you can only leave buy orders for stuff that's already for sale. 

You can do that already. You need to just find the page of the item you want to make a buy order for, I posted a trick here, it was mostly for finding sales but it works for your purpose as well.

On 03/07/2017 at 6:36 PM, Woifilicious said:

You can do that already. You need to just find the page of the item you want to make a buy order for, I posted a trick here, it was mostly for finding sales but it works for your purpose as well.

Oh that's great, thanks!