Untradable Item Pricing Rules

Wesley

So there is a bit of confusion (atleast thats what i've noticed) about gift wrap price in pricing untradable items.

for example here has been an argument between me and chandos if seller should provide wrap, or buyer should.

what i used a few months ago is that buyers supply wrap so:

buyer supplies wrap + pays for the items: price is what he paid for the item

seller supplies wrap + buyer pays for the items: price what the buyer paid for the item - price of wrap

now i would like to know if i do it the right way (i believe i do, but being sure doesnt hurt) or if seller should provide wrap or even having those in the range (seems useless, items that sell for under a key would be something negative to key +)

So there is a bit of confusion (atleast thats what i've noticed) about gift wrap price in pricing untradable items.

for example here has been an argument between me and chandos if seller should provide wrap, or buyer should.

what i used a few months ago is that buyers supply wrap so:

buyer supplies wrap + pays for the items: price is what he paid for the item

seller supplies wrap + buyer pays for the items: price what the buyer paid for the item - price of wrap

now i would like to know if i do it the right way (i believe i do, but being sure doesnt hurt) or if seller should provide wrap or even having those in the range (seems useless, items that sell for under a key would be something negative to key +)

Buyer must supply wrap or compensate the seller for the wrap.  The price should always reflect the price of the item without wrap otherwise it would artificially increase the value.

Archived