''We need to verify suspicious item''

MAXIMUS

Hello

Today I received a proposal of exchange where a backpack.tf bot wants 4 items of mine in exchange for nothing and sent this message:

We need to verify suspicious item(s) from your inventory. If you decline trade, your account will be suspended from backpack.tf

Is it scam correct?

This is a scam. A backpack.tf bot would never send you a trade offer to 'check suspicious items'.

Decline and block.

Can confirm, there are no bp.tf bots who do that. The only bp.tf bots in existance right now are bots who accept your donations and you can only donate via the site itself.

Please take the necessary screenshots and report it to f-o-g.trade. We'll ban it from steamrep too.

A really good idea is to get the SteamHelper extension for chrome. You can copy the link address from Steam into chrome and check to see if the person is banned on any Websites or Gaming Communities

bots will come to you if you wish to donate to the site.not to check your items.same to csgo shits.they do the same

Already made a report for him and he's banned on Outpost.

Yea...>I think your report was active for a whole 30 seconds before he got banned.  B)

• Like 2

• Administrators

Yea...>I think your report was active for a whole 30 seconds before he got banned.  B)

2fast2quik

Relevant: https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/about-item-checking-scam/

Please share that link with people who might have questions like OP.

If i may suggest something about that link. It would probably be better if all the small text was hidden in spoilers. Many people are scared/bored of too much text, and despite having a good format with the headlines it might still be too much for people. So my suggestion is just make the headlines visible and if someone wants to show the small text they just have to click a button.

If i may suggest something about that link. It would probably be better if all the small text was hidden in spoilers. Many people are scared/bored of too much text, and despite having a good format with the headlines it might still be too much for people. So my suggestion is just make the headlines visible and if someone wants to show the small text they just have to click a button.

I'm a little confused... are you asking me to shorten the title of that link?

I'm a little confused... are you asking me to shorten the title of that link?

No, the text in the "article". Or well just put the small text in spoilers.