When to sell paints?

OfHeroicHeritage

Hello everyone, I purchased a bunch of paints during the Christmas sale. These include lack of hue, abundance of tinge, pink, lime green, aus gold, air of debonair, and team spirit in case you were wondering. My question is, when is the best time to sell them? At the moment I am thinking of trying to sell them around feb-march.

When the sale is over and it will probably take 1-2 months to get orginal value.

Guess it depends on the paint, but I think it'll take more than 1-2 months for most of the paints.

Guess it depends on the paint, but I think it'll take more than 1-2 months for most of the paints.

From experience lime/pink returns to it's normal value pretty fast, then blk/wht and the team colours.

After the usual post-sale dip, the price graph over time will look like this. 

1.gif

That means if price is 60% of original price now, it will take as long to go from 60 to 90% as it does to go from 90% to 100%.   

The value of waiting longer depends on the opportunity costs having that currency tied up in paint.  If you're lazy and wouldn't do anything with the proceeds, sell it in the summer.  If you're missing out on good deals, take the 25-33% profits six weeks from now and move on.

Archived