Unusual Knife Scammed! Now on backpack.tf

SpookyCorals

Hi. Some days ago I got scammed.
He stole all my csgo skins, my australium ambassador and my unusual hot knife. For some reason after doing some research my friend found out that the unusual knife is on backpack.tf and Marketplace.TF | Bot 31 has it. The unusual knife is renamed «Magical Knife» and the description is «made by the old wizards in gabens office» There is no listings for my unusual and I am not sure about how much it's worth.

Some days ago a guy added me. His name was karambit. He was really intetested in the knife. I never wanted to sell it. But he said that he wanted to help me find out how much it was worth. He said that I had to log in on OPskins.com. I did everything he said. I was way too nice and I had never gotten scammed before so I did what he said. He scammed me using fake bot First off he took my knife away. Then he said this: «Quick! Accept the trade offer or your knife will be sold on OPskin.com/auctions!!». I said: «WHAT?!?» and «WAIT!» The trade offer included my australium ambassador and all my csgo skins. I thought this was kind of weird, but acceptes the trade offer in panic. This has been making me depressed for days. I've gotten mentally depressed after all of this. I only want my unusual hot knife back. If there is some genius angel out there who knows how to get it back, please contact me.

~SpookyCorals

Ps. You guys said you wanted proof. Here it is.

Screenshot_2017-03-11-23-04-19.png

http://backpack.tf/item/4621146063

I'm assuming you're referring to this item here.

If you got scammed file a report on steamrep and provide evidence. Report him on sites like backpack.tf or outpost and as long as the evidence is there you're fine.

You won't get your item back 99% of the times. 

The best i can do is play you a sad song on my violin.

We cannot give back the items even if they're on Marketplace.tf. Even if there were actual evidence that he scammed your items, we're not allowed to just steal items from scammers.

• Like 2

We cannot give back the items even if they're on Marketplace.tf. Even if there were actual evidence that he scammed your items, we're not allowed to just steal items from scammers.

I remember you saying that when I got scammed. If there is proof that they are a scammer, marketplace.tf should not allow them to sell because then they are almost literally "rewarded" for scamming because they can get real money out of it.

• Like 2

I remember you saying that when I got scammed. If there is proof that they are a scammer, marketplace.tf should not allow them to sell because then they are almost literally "rewarded" for scamming because they can get real money out of it.

Scamming a scammer is against the rules of SR

Has always been like that.

There's a difference between banning them from selling their items on Marketplace.tf and literally stealing their items and giving them to someone who claims they were scammed.

This is all besides the point, which is that there is no evidence that this person is even a scammer in the first place.

You need PROOF of your claim. Screenshots of your trade agreement, screenshots of your trading history that this user scammed you. And the item also should appear in his bp to make sure that it was this user and not an impersonator.

If you have those we will ban him shortly.

If he's actually scamming, its quite sad. He used to be a real cool guy.

I'm sorry that you lost your items, but if you have proof of the scam, then you can make a report against him, and he can be banned. 

Also @Woifi, can't you guys investigate cause he's gotten quite a few neg rep now.

If he's actually scamming, its quite sad. He used to be a real cool guy.

I'm sorry that you lost your items, but if you have proof of the scam, then you can make a report against him, and he can be banned. 

Also @Woifi, can't you guys investigate cause he's gotten quite a few neg rep now.

None of the negative rep is definitive proof. There are one sided links but no steam logs. Nothing to meet steamrep standards.

None of the negative rep is definitive proof. There are one sided links but no steam logs. Nothing to meet steamrep standards.

I think its worth looking into though because even if its not an SR ban, then a bp ban to get rid of the rep might be helpful.

I think its worth looking into though because even if its not an SR ban, then a bp pan to get rid of the rep might be helpful.

Yeah someone of our team already started investigating cause of the number of reports.

• Like 1

• SpookyCorals locked this topic