I wonder how much profit the average key seller makes per key

KingOfHeart

Back in the old days when keys were 2.44, most sellers made a weapon to a scrap profit.(need to sell 22 - 44 keys to make a new key)

As keys rose higher and higher, you got to wonder how much profit the average seller made.

Now that keys are 4ref+, I wonder how much profit they try to make now. Is a scrap even worth it anymore sellers?(Need to sell 38 keys for scrap, 19 for  a 2 scrap profit).

Lastly you need to factor in the fact of how many sellers to buyers there are compared to back then. When keys were cheaper, buyers could afford a whole bunch..I wonder how many buyers now a days, buy a bunch at once?

When keys were above 3 ref, I tried doing the profit thing but the aggervation was so not worth it. You either sold keys slowly and made little profit over time or they sold quickly and you spent a lot of time buying those keys back.

I understand selling keys for metal to get some change, but is key selling for metal profit even worth it guys? (talking to those that sell for profit)

Its not worth it. Maybe if you are new, it is a safe way to gain small profit. But there are tons of other ways that make you profit a lot more.

1-2scrap on average, the but since prices are rising so quickly it doesn't pay since by the time u sell all ur keys u have to pay that price to get more, but so unless u can move them really quickly its just a waste of time.

but so unless u can move them really quickly its just a waste of time.

Especially when you compare it to working an actual job. You would have to be buying and reselling keys at a rate of about 240 per hour to make the equivalent of minimum wage.

If they bought 100 keys at 2.33 an sold them all today at 4.22, they would start and end with 100 keys worth of metal.  The same applies for smaller changes in price.  They can get more craft hats (due to metal being less valuable, but craft hat prices being static), but cannot afford any more Bill's, Buds or Unusuals than they could before.

I left trading keys when they hit 3.00. I find waiting a week and selling a unusaul for $30-$40 profit gets you a lot more. And over time you get more and more stock to sell, increasing the profit. I worked out I make about $60 -/+ every week. Not a lot, but It will continue to increase, a lot more then what the biggest Key traders make. Unless you involve Paypal, which is why Long is raising up so much. But... Some of his keys are carded :/

I have to believe this is true. I do mid lvl trade in items and I think i make more per item than they do. Also, with so many items there Is much less compitition to buy any single one. They have one other major risk. Buying at the last price. If it doesn't go up again and they r buying at current or just above on spec they will lose.

Archived