Paint on hats

Haggog

Hello!

A few years ago I thought it would be a good idea to paint all my hats purple (A Deep Commitment to Purple).

This paint is worth alot, but does it raise the worth of the hat it's on? Can I sell the hat for more then the bp.tf price because of the paint?

Have a nice day, Haggog!

Yes, if you want to sell it, since the paint is 11 ref you can try selling it for [the price of the hat] + 50% of the paint (5.55 ref) or higher if you want (the higher=more time) Depends on the hat. If it doesn't sell in a long time just lower the price. I have a good experience with selling adding 50% of the paint price to the hats.

Backpack.tf currently adds +20% of the paint value to your hat. So if your hat is worth 1 ref, then the backpack.tf price will be about 1.22 ref. This got implemented a few days ago.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/58244-poll-new-partspaint-multipliers/

So yeah, paint does add a bit but generally there isn't much demand for painted items, mainly due to the high prices that people ask for their painted stuff.