Marketplace. Tf killing the economy

SoundTheGong

Do you think marketplace. Tf is killing trading for everyone? It seems like marketplace gave everyone the option to cash out since it is safe, but that's bad for the economy since everyone just wants to cash out nowadays rather than cash in. In the past 40% deals would be snapped up almost instantly but the influx of sales through marketplace seems to have killed the pure market sort of. Thoughts?

Scammers actually help the market if you are smart and think about it. But that's off topic so let's not go there.

Not at all. Cash trading is a progression. Marketplace.tf has made it more accessible to everyone, no doubt getting MORE people interested in trading. Just need to adapt to the changing market :)

Scammers actually help the market if you are smart and think about it. But that's off topic so let's not go there.

I just want you to know I really enjoyed this comment.

Not at all. Cash trading is a progression. Marketplace.tf has made it more accessible to everyone, no doubt getting MORE people interested in trading. Just need to adapt to the changing market :)

I beg to differ though. Although you are right to say that it has made it more accessible to everyone who wants to buy, it has also made it more accessible for people to cash out. I am also quite certain that the number of people cashing out (people who actually spent alot on the game) is alot greater than the new ones joining. Especially in terms of money flowing out of and money flowing into the game. It's evident by the amount of unusual on marketplace. Tf bots. Yiu can find at least 20 bots in the top 200 BP list which just shows u how many people are cashing out (with no buyers) as opposed to them staying in the community and continue trading and raising demand for hats.

I beg to differ though. Although you are right to say that it has made it more accessible to everyone who wants to buy, it has also made it more accessible for people to cash out. I am also quite certain that the number of people cashing out (people who actually spent alot on the game) is alot greater than the new ones joining. Especially in terms of money flowing out of and money flowing into the game. It's evident by the amount of unusual on marketplace. Tf bots. Yiu can find at least 20 bots in the top 200 BP list which just shows u how many people are cashing out (with no buyers) as opposed to them staying in the community and continue trading and raising demand for hats.

OPSkins/BitSkins bots are the same.

Tf2 and demand for its items is dying anyways, lack of cashing out options wont make people enjoying the game more. More people would be stuck with their unwanted items in unwanted game. With marketplace.tf trading and actually getting money of it will be far easier. Making more people with unwanted items will make only small forced demand (people who cant cash out will just continue trading with their items and wont bring any more real money into the game). Also marketplace.tf is making it easier for newbies to cash in, + cheaper then buying keys on mann.co or scm + still much less chances to get scammed than buying keys and items from traders via paypal, bitcoin or whatever. And yeah scammers do lower supply if they get marked but they are still bad because some people are scared to cash in the game cuz of them

to be able to cashout you need to make sales right ? That means people are actualy buying stuff !

Sorry but i dont get your point

am now convinced that this is a troll thread

Lol , This is def a troll thread or the guy who made the post is extremely delusional "Scammers actually help the market if you are smart and think about it" what's next  SoundtheGong?  tf2 traders should not be allowed to play the game on normal servers ? bp.tf admins are evil masters hiding behind the curtain and controlling all the prices ?

• Administrators

If people don't want to join, that's on them. Marketplace isn't killing TF2, but rather the lack of people that want to play.