Let talk about trading!

☣Long218☢

So I do all kind of trading ranging from craft hat to unusual and then buying backpack but I still want to find more ways of making money. Share me your experience by answering the following questions(add more if you want

1. What is your favorite type of trading(hat,unusuals, ticket, w.e). For me buying backpack because it netted me over 7 buds profit :3

2. What kind of item do you found the most profitable. Paints

3. What item do you find is very easy to buy and sell for profit(or at least get back what you paid) ? For me, Paints, and hot stranges http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/8470733

4. What item do you buy to turn metal into key at a much lower price than the current key range? I buy two tickets for 3.22 and sell for a key.

New ways of making money? Get a job.

already did but sometime I feel trading earn me more in an hour than working ;3

The only times I really trade for profit is when the status quo changes (retired hats, halloween items, etc.).  The only reason I have the hats I want is because the Kringle and All-Father went on sale.

My favourite kind of trading is 2011 haunted headwears. It was such a pain getting them a couple of months before the 2012 h'ween event, and I look forward to giving people the choice of buying outside of a set around the May-July period. It's fairly profitable, because people can become desperate to buy them outside of a set (I should know). For number 3. and 4. I don't really buy-sell for profit, and I'm not online enough (plus I mainly trade for things I either want/get rid of).  

I liked trading when I was just lurking around TP, SPUF and Outpost and just getting the good deals faster than the rest.

Nowadays I just have some buying trades open (lowballing) and selling items I win from raffles

I try keep many trades open, the more the better. I lowball on semi popular hats by at least 1 refined.

I think Scrapbanking is good, but you need good reserve stock of every weapon. It doesn't work well either with only single weapon trades, but those scraps or two are worth holding good weapon supply.

One of my favorite flips is the Dashin Hashshashin. I buy them for 1 key and 3 refined, and turn around and sell them for 2 keys + 2 refined. That's around 3.22 refined a trade, and I usually do at least one Dashin Hashshashin flip a day, more if I'm lucky.

Buying good 1.33 hats from the scrap.tf bots can work, but this is slow profit that is ensured because the bot will always buyback the item for what you paid. Also buying craftable hats for 1.22 each is good because you can sell them to the bot for 1.33, or if its a good hat resell for much more profit.

I try do most of my trading outside servers. Servers are bad because there are others who will either alert the person of the value, tell you you're a lowballer, or simply insult you while blasting out the max price on tf, which is what they want or nothing.

Kindness goes a long way. Hat swapping can be good, simply asking people to add a weapon or scrap for a hat swap can be nice for you, and the other person benefits because they get the hat they want.

I usually avoid flipping very popular items like keys/tickets/promos and usually stick to the smaller markets. I also don't like the paint market. It's good but I just don't like it. I'd rather flip hats, they have more value to be then tools/metal.

1. Favorite trading: Mmm.. let's see.. though one.. dirty hats?

2. Most profitable: This can be weird, but i'm gonna say crates. If you have time.

3. Easy to buy and sell: stranges offcourse or a high wanted hat

4. Doesn't apply to me, I'm not so into key-business.

1. Favorite kind of trading: tf2wh hands down.  

2. What kind of item do you found the most profitable.  Old non-re-released stranges.

3. What item do you find is very easy to buy and sell for profit(or at least get back what you paid)?   Gauging when the market for a particular desirable item is more or less saturated (where sellers aiming for profit overwhelm the amount of interested/curious/collecting buyers) and prices start to fall.  

4. What item do you buy to turn metal into key at a much lower price than the current key range?  Buying high-tier botkillers and flipping them.  But there are lots of ways.  

Archived