Scammed/Sharked Burning Brother Hood of Arms?

✪ Vergo ✪ |⚡️| [⇄]

• Administrators

If the Seller agreed to the trade and knew the values of the items involved, then this isn't a shark.

I'm going to verify with the Seller to make sure of this, since the forged screenshots don't warrant much trust on your side, but if they say yes, then I'd say you're fine

@pinball

If the Seller agreed to the trade and knew the values of the items involved, then this isn't a shark.

Sure, if pinball told the guy that his unusual was worth over $5000...... I'll guarantee that didn't happen. 

"Hi there, Im offering 100 keys worth of shit for your 3000+ key unusual, iz gud deel, amirite?" 

03:03 - Erik S>Unusuals: What did you pay for the BoA?
03:04 - {smuppie}MrPinball64: a orbiting planets KE
03:04 - {smuppie}MrPinball64: a cozy camper (collectors)
03:04 - {smuppie}MrPinball64: and a collectors mantreads

So basically 60 keys mixed for a hat worth 3400. Even if the seller agreed on that, it's still a big shark.

If the BoA goes back to the unboxer, get ready to have another thread of these opened in a few days. He will be sharked again, and believe me, just telling him how much the BoA is worth won't really help.

The biggest mistake you made was announcing to the world about your successful shark/scam then attempting to defend it. I'm still laughing about that xD

The biggest mistake you made was announcing to the world about your successful shark/scam then attempting to defend it. I'm still laughing about that xD

What's even funnier is all the "please leave me alone" throughout the thread. What is he, 6? "I scammed someone out of thousands of dollars, but your questions are making me sad, pls stahp". Jesus Christ.

Oh and trading it back is the least you have to do, you'll still get marked for what you did. I mean, just the way you lied to everyone here, in several ways, during several thread pages, is an aggravating circumstance. Sorry kid, you don't get to swindle people out of a month salary's worth and bullshit your way out of it.

I said please leave me alone because I was getting so many friend requests, the game I was in people were talking about me- it was god damn chaos

Look what he sold the burning BoA for: http://backpack.tf/item/5523164849

Big facepalm: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198058892756#!/compare/1487376000/1487462400

Will teh guy he traded with be banned as well? He should IMO.

Nah that's actually not too bad of a price. Low but hey, the last burning BoA was up on OPSKINS for less than $3900 for about a week, and is now on marketplace for $5000. It needs a drop. Maybe not that far, but still needed.

Look what he sold the burning BoA for: http://backpack.tf/item/5523164849

Big facepalm: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198058892756#!/compare/1487376000/1487462400

Will teh guy he traded with be banned as well? He should IMO.

Well he's already banned on outpost for trading with scammers/scammer alts. But for bp.tf, I'm not sure if he'll get a ban of any length of time.

On our forums he was stupid enough to come and brag about sharking someone after being reported for scamming : https://smt-gaming.net/threads/look-at-this-the-top-one-the-unusual-trade.7077/  https://smt-gaming.net/threads/76561198290477546-smt-mrpinball64-smupped.6847/

We've known about him for a while, I personally made him repay the user in that second link.
Unfortunately we were not able to SteamRep mark because of the nature of his activities.

User has multiple scam reports on SR for sharking that have been marked invalid as Sharking is not mark-able.

It's sad that he was a known deceptive trader but nothing could be done to prevent these further actions.

HUGE UPDATE: I have some of the items that he traded the BoA for. It seems he got counter sharked for the BoA as well. After much discussion, I genuinely believe that he is a good person at heart. I can confirm that I have some items now and he has accepted the trade. The screenshot of chat and trade history will be provided, showing that he does have some good in him. He has partially amended his mistake and I think he should be partially forgiveness as well. I have many decisions to make now that I have the items but I do plan on returning them to the owner and when I say this I mean all of the items he traded to me. At least the original unboxer can receive a fraction of what he traded for. Although I believe that I am doing the right thing, I also understand that consequently,  I will receive a perma-ban for trading with him, but I must stick to my word and do the right thing. My better judgement tells me to return those items back to the unboxer and that is what I'll do, regardless of anything that happens to me. All I can say is that I guess this will be the last time I will be visiting backpack.tf or any other trading site and I sure did enjoy it :)

HUGE UPDATE: I have some of the items that he traded the BoA for. It seems he got counter sharked for the BoA as well. After much discussion, I genuinely believe that he is a good person at heart. I can confirm that I have some items now and he has accepted the trade. The screenshot of chat and trade history will be provided, showing that he does have some good in him. He has partially amended his mistake and I think he should be partially forgiveness as well. I have many decisions to make now that I have the items but I do plan on returning them to the owner and when I say this I mean all of the items he traded to me. At least the original unboxer can receive a fraction of what he traded for. Although I believe that I am doing the right thing, I also understand that consequently,  I will receive a perma-ban for trading with him, but I must stick to my word and do the right thing. My better judgement tells me to return those items back to the unboxer and that is what I'll do, regardless of anything that happens to me. All I can say is that I guess this will be the last time I will be visiting backpack.tf or any other trading site and I sure did enjoy it :)

Mate, he pulled the same thing on me last time. Don't trust him.

He will only re-offend again.

You should never have traded with him for the items he should have traded them back himself.

I sincerely hope all the items are returned for both your and his sakes

• Haha 1

Mate, he pulled the same thing on me last time. Don't trust him.

He will only re-offend again.

You should never have traded with him for the items he should have traded them back himself.

I am currently in the process of returning the original BoA unboxer, all the items I have received from the sharker now. Do forgive him please, I can show you the screenshot of our chat but I genuinely believe that he is a changed person. I am gathering everything I need now but many people have added me so please be patient, should take longer then 10 minutes max

I repaid everything I had. Thank you Vergo for helping me choose the right path. Thank you.

So after trading the BoA for a few cancerous hats, some of which were traded again in what appears to be a really bad deal on your side for a MG Pullover, you decide to give the stuff to a middleman, who apparently will trade with the unboxer.

I'm pretty sure that this doesn't qualify as "the right path".