Trading with scammers - ban or not?

Plukos

I've recently come across a guy called ChilledTea. I saw his classifields where he's quickselling a Neutron Star Modest for 45 keys and I just thought that is kinda strange/weird so I checked the previous owner's backpack and profile and I saw he wrote a comment on his steam profile where he said he got scammed (the hat's history contains just the unboxer and ChilledTea).

I've become kinda suspicious therefore I checked the comparison of ChilledTea's backpack between 5th and 6th January and the vast majority of unusuals he got between those days he was or he is currently quickselling (oh and just to mention, only the DP VF was removed from his backpack and and 133 items worth approximately like 600 keys were added).

I just gave it a shot and added three previous owners of some unusuals ChilledTea traded for and all of them got scammed. ChilledTea must have traded with private profiles and that's why he is always in the history right after the previous scammed user. That either means he got the unusuals for free from the private scammer / scammer alt OR most likely he just has a side account to trade with the scammers (and that is the reason why almost nothing was removed from his backpack even though he gained like 600 keys in items).

I reported Criminal^ when he bought that scammed Scorching KE and he got banned (temporarily) within like 4 hours. Do you no longer ban for trading with scammers or you just don't consider his practices to be worth banning for?

TF2OP 

-Unknowingly: temporarily banned

-Knowingly: permanent banned

Backpack.tf

-Knowingly: permanent banned (I think an appeal is possible though if it's the first offense)

SteamRep

-Does not ban for trading with scammers anymore.

TF2OP 

-Knowingly: permanent banned

Backpack.tf

-Knowingly: permanent banned (I think an appeal is possible though if it's the first offense)

SteamRep

-Does not ban for trading with scammers anymore.

This ^

That either means he got the unusuals for free from the private scammer / scammer alt OR most likely he just has a side account to trade with the scammers (and that is the reason why almost nothing was removed from his backpack even though he gained like 600 keys in items).

Or he paid with paypal or BTC

Your story sounds like he traded with BigBoss, who has a private backpack in fact and was permanently banned for trading with scammers, but trading with BigBoss itself does not lead to a ban unless SR decides to mark him. Now I didn't handle the report with him but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

PS: Of course we still do ban for trading with scammers.

• Like 3

Oh yes I completely forgot about big boss... Well then I suppose it's not against the rules, still pretty shady. I am still curious why nothing left his bp after the trade but thanks for the replies!

Quick update: We changed Big Bosses ban reason: https://backpack.tf/u/76561198129106718

Now trading with him is no longer allowed. (Of course we wont ban anyone for trading with him in the past.)

So what was the deal with Mastikhor, I'm kinda confused. Also does this mean anything for ChilledTea considering how you thought that they might have traded each other?