Question Regarding Classified Buyers

xxBonsai99xx

I've run into a couple of buyers over the past few days who seemingly will not pay their listed buy order price.

I repeatedly send them trade offers over multiple days and they repeatedly let them stew until they can accept someone's offer for another item causing the trade offer to become invalid. They also ignore friend requests even if you leave a comment. (Not decline, they just let them sit)

They never outright decline the trade offers or decline friend requests probably because that would be pretty blatant

These aren't small time traders either, most of them are Premium and have donated.

Is this a violation of the rules? Of course with the way they are going about it its pretty hard to say for certain that they are refusing to pay their listed price, but given how these people trade all the time it seems to me that this is the case.

This probably seems pretty petty and vindictive but these people are really starting to get on my nerves when I have to resend trade offers multiple times over multiple days just to have them ignore them and waste my time.

In addition, one of said people finally responded and counter offered for only about 75% of what their buy order listed (and then they updated their buy order accordingly)

Is this allowed? On multiple occasions I have accepted people's offers for things that I no longer wanted (or at a price I no longer wanted to pay) because I still had my buy order listing up for said item.

If someone declines or counters when you offer their list price in pure, report the listing and include a screenshot of the declined trade or the countered offer that you sent. 

As for users ignoring offers, you can report the listing as well but we need some kind of time stamp to show that they are ignoring for a period of time. We don't have a specific cut off for how long but we usually want at least 24 hours to pass first. We don't expect users to be at their trade offers 24/7. If you've got screenshots of multiple offers over a few days that may work too. 

• Like 2

If someone declines or counters when you offer their list price in pure, report the listing and include a screenshot of the declined trade or the countered offer that you sent. 

As for user's ignoring offers, you can report the listing as well but we need some kind of time stamp to show that they are ignoring for a period of time. We don't have a specific cut off for how long but we usually want at least 24 hours to pass first. We don't expect users to be at their trade offers 24/7. If you've got screenshots of multiple offers over a few days that may work too. 

Alright, thanks for the answers!

I can sympathize with you here. It can really be frustrating and has gotten me into some difficulty before. I've made purchases with these buy orders in mind, but they often don't follow through so i get stuck with the items. Fortunately, I've started to learn which traders I can rely on and which i cant.

• Like 3

I can sympathize with you here. It can really be frustrating and has gotten me into some difficulty before. I've made purchases with these buy orders in mind, but they often don't follow through so i get stuck with the items. Fortunately, I've started to learn which traders I can rely on and which i cant.

Happens a lot with those buyers for australiums , ive stopped bothering sending them the offer , i just list it for a few refs more and i get an offer for it within 2-3 days at max.

• Like 2