Hello guys. Its been a while. Just here to ask a few things.

gag6357

Hey. This is GR, and its been a while since I returned to bp.tf for anything trading related. I shifted to gift trading a while back (in 2015), after trading in TF2 for the better part of 2 years. I was also able to get my own rig using the money I earned, so thank you for that.

Just a month ago, I returned from the grave to trade up again for some educational needs (CAD work doesn't come cheap), and came back to find that a lot has changed. So I might need some help with the ropes to get started again. Please bear with me, because some of my questions might be borderline stupid, but they are legitimate doubts nonetheless.

• Is it permitted to sell games/gift cards for Paypal/BTC/money here?
  • Which forum do I deal with for the above? CSGO Cash trading or TF2 Cash trading?
  • Is there any prerequisite before I can do the above? Aside from rep of course (which I do have).
  • Is any of the above slammed by the community here? Lot could have changed in the last 2 years.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Selling game gifts is still practiced and fine, as long as buyers trust you. An alternative would be selling games for keys, and after that selling the keys through paypal. It would be a more leigitimate way of using the forum's Item trading system. 

Selling game gifts is still practiced and fine, as long as buyers trust you. An alternative would be selling games for keys, and after that selling the keys through paypal. It would be a more leigitimate way of using the forum's Item trading system. 

What about Amazon gift cards? Where do I post those? And would asking for Bitcoin instead of keys/Paypal still be fine?

What about Amazon gift cards? Where do I post those? And would asking for Bitcoin instead of keys/Paypal still be fine?

Same goes for that. As long as you are selling it for items / keys / cash I see no problem. Just don't spam your topic in both sections (TF 2 and CS:GO). Use only one of them. 

While we're on the subject, can anyone explain this a bit?

hL4ckdK.png

I was under the impression that the rule above is enforced generally, but someone told me that it's not. Is it exclusive to the steam sale events, like the winter and summer one? Or does it apply generally?

I thought this was applied generally to prevent people from bypassing their vac bans when using smurf accounts, like buying new copies and gift them to their alts.

hL4ckdK.png

I was under the impression that the rule above is enforced generally, but someone told me that it's not. Is it exclusive to the steam sale events, like the winter and summer one? Or does it apply generally?

I thought this was applied generally to prevent people from bypassing their vac bans when using smurf accounts, like buying new copies and gift them to their alts.

Yeah i know it but i never heard anyone banned because that, i don't think valve can really do it if not would to easy to buy a game and cheat only for banned someone

hL4ckdK.png

I can explain.

Basically, if you buy VAC based game gifts, you cannot store them in your inventory anymore, and hence must either send it to someone or redeem it yourself. If the account you gift it to gets VACced on that game, you can no longer gift the game on the account you bought from. This started since October, I believe, and still applies, not just during sales. I faced this issue when I gifted CS:GO to a bunch of people (stupid idea, I know). Needless to say, I stopped dealing in VAC based games afterwards.

• Like 1