Scrap.tf validnessssss

Project Nova

So I wanna kick some shit up from 2012. Is there any other arguements aside from "they're automated/fast/dependable/safe" that scrap.tf shouldn't be valid proof for suggestions? Because there are hundreds of bots on classies that are "automated/fast/dependable/safe" that are pretty much one if not the ONLY thing used in most non-unusual suggestions. Although recently they have been used in unusual suggestions which I still question at times. Like seriously, what the fuck is this: http://backpack.tf/suggestion/5888fb950e2cad0d515811c2

Which also reminds me of the whole marketplace.tf arguement for refined which still has the same point of "sumthin sumthin thumb up my ass bs automated/safe". But that's for another time.

Anyways, I was just curious and was wanting to know more on this topic.

Have good day.

I think anything that relates to the buying and selling of an item should be considered "valid" proof. However, no single piece of evidence should be considered in and of itself sufficient to give valuation on an item. The entire market should be considered as a whole.

Suggestions based on a single sale or a link to classifieds are not accepted based on that proof alone. They are evaluated by the mods and community of voters together and considered in relation to everything else that is available (scrap.tf, outpost, SCM, etc).

Suggestions based on a single sale or a link to classifieds are not accepted based on that proof alone.

Well I wouldn't say that. Suggestions based on a single sale/not a link but a screenshot of classifieds are accepeted all the time. But I get what your saying (i think :P)

Well I wouldn't say that. Suggestions based on a single sale/not a link but a screenshot of classifieds are accepeted all the time. But I get what your saying (i think :P)

Mods are not required to submit the extra proof we find supporting the suggestion in the suggestion itself. I always look to see if the unsolds have sold and for additional information in classifieds and on outpost. But it would not be feasible to post that in the suggestion for 5000 suggestions every month. So just because you see a suggestion accepted with one link does not mean it was accepted based entirely on that one link.

I think it's hilarious that geel complains about the issues we have in our site with updating hat values - https://scrap.tf/blog/posts/7- and then he turns around and tells us not to use his dynamic pricing system that he claims is a better way to determine item values.

We accept suggestions only when the hats have been sitting in his bots for >1 month. By his own logic, that should not only be a good way to update hats, it should be encouraged.

Mods are not required to submit the extra proof we find supporting the suggestion in the suggestion itself. I always look to see if the unsolds have sold and for additional information in classifieds and on outpost. But it would not be feasible to post that in the suggestion for 5000 suggestions every month. So just because you see a suggestion accepted with one link does not mean it was accepted based entirely on that one link.

I think it's hilarious that geel complains about the issues we have in our site with updating hat values - https://scrap.tf/blog/posts/7- and then he turns around and tells us not to use his dynamic pricing system that he claims is a better way to determine item values.

We accept suggestions only when the hats have been sitting in his bots for >1 month. By his own logic, that should not only be a good way to update hats, it should be encouraged.

It's more that the economy of scrap.tf and the economy of the rest of tf2 are somewhat separated. 

The best prices for us are not necessarily what you want to base the rest of the economy's prices off of.

The best prices for us are not necessarily what you want to base the rest of the economy's prices off of.

Don't worry. We rarely use scrap.tf as the sole source of proof on anything. Everything is considered in the context of market as a whole - outpost, classifieds, SCM, and even scrap.tf. The only times when we update based on a scrap.tf bot alone is when (1) there are no other sales / offers on any hat in existence, (2) the change is a large one (at least 15%), and (3) it has to be there for at least a month.

Very few suggestions meet these criteria. And I think you can agree that the ones that do (hat listed here at 100 keys priced 2 years ago selling on a bot for a month+, now at 50), are in desperate need of updates.

Yeah thats what I thought you meant when you said that obviously mods will check "the rest of the economy" in a sense for counter/supporting proof and are not obliged to post it on every suggestion.(could you imagine?)