Dear Admins and TF2 Trading Community

✪ Vergo ✪ |⚡️| [⇄]

Hello and good day to you all. Before I say anything, I must point out the fact that my internet is really bad so sorry if I make any mistakes in my typing because words show up moments after they are typed, as I'm rushing this. Moving on, I just (Yes just) traded 203 keys for an Unusual Head Warmer with the effect of sunbeams with a steam user named Shaman! (Changed probably). I won't try to hide it and my inventory is in full public view for you to see.So I was in-game and really laggy so learning from my past mistake, I did a quick check and saw that his steamrep was CLEAN and he had considerable amount of hours in the game as well as being level 10 on steam, so I just asked him how much was the item and how much he wanted, as usual. He said its worth 385 and said he could quicksell for 269 since he wanted to cash out. Seeing that everything went well I asked him was it duped and he said no. (Didn't matter to me anyways sine it was a nice deal) Eventually he got in a rush and I negotiated him down to 205 keys and later sent him a trade offer for 203 keys to see if he would accept, which he did. When I finished my game I restarted my computer because it was way too slow from that game, and checked my bp to see if it went through and it did. Later on, I was checking to see how many people were interested, how much scrap.tf would pay etc. and create a plan to re-sell it so when someone asked for a trade history of the item, I presented it and saw that there was a slash across Shaman!'s name. I quickly jumped to my feet and researched and found that somehow he was a supposed alt of a scammer, which I had no clue about since his steam-rep was clean when I googled that and saw that he had some high tier traders in his friends-list. Without hesitation I blocked him (Already unfriended after trade as usual) and asked his friends who said they have done plenty of trades with him without getting marked and showed me evidence.

All In all, what I can say is that I'm deeply sorry to the trading community for my action and I offer my sincere apology in recognition of my mistake of that I traded with a marked scammer unintentionally for the second time. To the admins, reading this, I'm flat out sorry. I ask that you forgive me and at least consider this since I openly admit it and will not try to hide what was done. Please do consider the fact that his steam-rep was clean and I did follow some of the procedure and acted with my better judgement and even through that, a scammer was able to bypass it. I recently donated to backpack.tf and built up some positive reputation and I would not want to see that jeopardized. I ask that you give me a final chance and pardon me or minimize my incoming ban to a shorter duration because I understand and acknowledge my action and I am once again deeply sorry for it. After the second time I understand that every trade and trader must be thoroughly checked completely without missing the slightest of detailed information and yes I have read the other post on identifying scammers for the near future. I would try to show my seriousness or apology more deeply but alas showing emotion through a keyboard is quite difficult. I would not try to hide my wrong-doing and I have put time to explain every detail in this long post about it and I can take questions if necessary. Once again my sincere apology for proceeding with this trade and I ask for your forgiveness as I too an human, and I do make mistakes.

Best Wishes, Valentine

I linked you the rules 1 month ago in your last ban, and you forgot that you need to check everyone's backpack.tf profile already before trading with them? Well you've got one last chance on backpack.tf.

Also all appeals should be made private.

I'd prefer check someone background via Backpack.tf (cross red text) 

SteamRep sometime not updating the "scammer alt" status if nobody report on that account.

Well that's the thing, you may apologize and feel bad as you want, you did it anyway and how sorry you are is none of bp.tf or Outpost's concern. Whenever you trade with someone, no matter the context, you check his bp.tf profile. Especially if a mod already talked you through the rules in the apst.