About Making Suggestions

1HP Hope Springs Eternal

I am fairly new here and have done quite a bit of voting. I noticed recently that a lot of people seem to do little price changes that don't seem to very accurately assess the market but they are better than the current price.  I haven't really found a clear definition of what makes a good suggestion, but I was wondering how accurate my understanding is.  When I vote, I try to make sure that when the suggestion would be passed it would accurately fit the market (not just be better than the old price).  However, I don't like getting votes wrong as a result, so sometimes I prefer to stay neutral when I really have a strong opinion in the case (though I often mention my argument).  I would appreciate a admin explaining their thought process when they look at a suggestion and particularly on whether they want an accurate range or just a better range than before.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52be107b4dd7b800118b4572

I think that vote would be a nice one to explain with, because the person even said they are just narrowing the range.

If you believe a suggestion to better than the current price, but not quite the correct reflection of market value, then feel free to make a counter suggestion detailing and providing evidence as to why you believe a different price would better reflect the current market. The reason some moderators are left to accept a more accurate price is because no steps up and tries to provide evidence for a possibly more accurate price. The suggestion system is entirely user-based, so if you feel there is an error, then you have the ability to fix it which is one of the marvelous aspects of backpack.tf.

I realize this is most likely not the answer you were hoping for, but feel free to wait for a moderator's response.

If you believe a suggestion to better than the current price, but not quite the correct reflection of market value, then feel free to make a counter suggestion detailing and providing evidence as to why you believe a different price would better reflect the current market. The reason some moderators are left to accept a more accurate price is because no steps up and tries to provide evidence for a possibly more accurate price. The suggestion system is entirely user-based, so if you feel there is an error, then you have the ability to fix it which is one of the marvelous aspects of backpack.tf.

I realize this is most likely not the answer you were hoping for, but feel free to wait for a moderator's response.

I don't feel comfortable jumping into making my own suggestions yet, but I don't understand how to accurately interpret a suggestion if I know its not proper but at the same time its better than the current.  Is it so bad to leave the out-dated one rather than pass a new suggestion justifying a better but still false range?

Is there a place to suggest people counter-suggest stuff for those of use not comfortable with it?

Archived