Is the TF2 economy dying or is it just me?

xXDillXx

So, this year for me was very good in terms of unusual trading. However, in the last few weeks of October, I got scammed. I have managed to get back from that and even break from my highest point before I got scammed. But, ever since then I've felt like trading had become a lot slower and harder to do than the months before October. I don't know if it's just my negative attitude from getting scammed or the Holiday Sale...what do you guys think?  ~Thanks

It's you. You're dying. (no offense)

Trading is becoming harder with every year and it's a fact. Less people playing TF2 which means also less traders and less people who did run the economy.  It isn't dying tho, it's just getting slower and nothing else. The thing that died is mostly high tier unusual market. Another thing is that some people switch to CS:GO trading.

So basically - TF2 economy still isn't dead, key price will rise again, Trump will build a wall, etc... There's nothing we can do with the whole trading thing.

I swear it's the same song and dance every few weeks.

Newbie: Is it dying?

Forumer: IT'S FINE! IT'S FINE! *is silently cashing out or converting to cisgo*

Theres been fewer updates from valve, we saw just 3 updates this last year with any kind of new cosmetic sets or keys. I can't say I think trading has slowed down but the lack of updates from valve has probably affected interest. 

Why do people say that economy is dying when there is an EXPECTED key price drop? Why do people start to panic like that, really ? It reminds me so much of 2014 and the fall of earbuds. If traders were smart enough, they would have stopped panic-selling their earbuds for a lower and lower price every following day. Economy is not dying, brains of 90 % of traders are though.