Do people still play Arma II DayZ mod?

Chief D

I'm thinking about buying Arma II: CO while it's on sale to play DayZ ad the standalone is too expensive. Any of you guys play? or any idea if people still play it? (There's like 450 people playing atm, but not only the mod)

$30 is too much, is it the same as the mod? As it's still in alpha. 

I hear there were big changes to the standalone that makes it a vast improvement over the mod. 

You can always wait till it becomes cheaper. And i would think even in a few months people will be playing it when it is cheaper. 

If you're interested in a zombie game. State of decay is pretty cheap, and seems to be well liked. 

I hear there were big changes to the standalone that makes it a vast improvement over the mod. 

You can always wait till it becomes cheaper. And i would think even in a few months people will be playing it when it is cheaper. 

If you're interested in a zombie game. State of decay is pretty cheap, and seems to be well liked. 

I want to play dayz with people, so I want to know if any of you guys have it/play it.

I used to play it. It's just so annoying spawning literally 15 minutes from a city and just sitting there and running toward the nearest city only to get killed once you get there.

I used to play it. It's just so annoying spawning literally 15 minutes from a city and just sitting there and running toward the nearest city only to get killed once you get there.

That's why I want to play it with people.

I did play it with friends, but it was a pain to actually find them.

Oh I thought you could be in a party and spawn together. Is there a world map to find my friends or how do I manage that?

Oh I thought you could be in a party and spawn together. Is there a world map to find my friends or how do I manage that?

Well I haven't played in a long time, but when I played you didn't spawn together and I believe there was no in game map.There are many maps you can find online though. You just have to point out landmarks and figure out where they are to find others.

Id play with ya if i decide to get it. im debating wether its worth it aswell. dont want to get it and start playing only to have nobody else in the game. 

• 3 months later...

Archived