Some guy just tried to scam me and I called him out on it

Angel Tech

So I JUST got online and before I get a message. But here is a little backstory here. Also a TL;DR thing at the bottom. Also sorry if this was posted in the wrong place It's TF2 related but it isn't trading related when it comes to "buy my items" or whatever.

It was the 2016 Halloween event and they made it so you had a double chance of getting an unusual. I had mostly quit the game but from a failed "one key to unusual" thing I had about 7 or 8 keys. So I figured I would just open up some crates. About 2 or 3 crates in guess what I found? An unusual Tartan Spartan. I was so happy as I thought I would have gotten useless junk. So I started playing again. Lots of times in matches people thought me having an unusual made me a pro and I got bothered a lot when I made simple mistakes. So I stopped wearing it for a bit. Then some time later (this month but I can't figure out when) someone sent me a friend request. They had played a lot of TF2 and their page was filled with unusual items for all to see. Did I mention he was trade banned? Anywho I accepted it because I thought "oh huh, prob say my unusual and gonna try to scam me" and it would be interesting when it happened. Well just today he tried to pull the "hey I need to know if any of your friends are online to 'check if it's clean" crap and I called him out for it on the spot. Here is the conversation:

*Mister Bubbles #trading: hello  i want to buy your unusual but i want to make sure its clean. do you have trusted friend whos online right now?
Angel Tech: ...
Angel Tech: From the fact your trade banned and asking for a friend It doesn't take brains to know your trying to scam me
*Mister Bubbles #trading is now Offline.

Right after I called him out on it he went offline as fast as he could. His username is "*Mister Bubbles #trading" in case you want to know.

post-27370-0-23966300-1482989707_thumb.png

TL;DR version: I got lucky and got an unusual no one else had and some guy tried to scam me. When he did I called him out for it and he ran away.

Oh crap I forgot to make the TL;DR version

Here it is: I got lucky and got an unusual no one else had and some guy tried to scam me. When he did I called him out for it and he ran away.