Buying Paint Can for Investment

Apeiron

​Hey everyone, I'm thinking to buy 100 can Pink as Hell for Investment. Is this a good idea? What do you think?

So, maybe I can sell them 2-3 months later for $5 each on market.

Is there a risk for price drop?

probably not since everybody else is going to do the same as you

but this sale is good for anyone that is looking to buy paint or buy painted items.

If you have a lot of patience and are willing to wait until at least summer, sure. Otherwise, it's not worth it, as everyone will buy pink/lime in as large numbers as hue/tinge last year

• Like 2

Remember that pink and lime used to be 2.50. Last year they increased to 5.00. It's possible their price will never go back to 5.

I wonder if they'll flip it so black and white will become 5 again and pink and lime will be back down to 2.50 after the sale is over.

It's definitely not a safe investment. Black and white paints had the same discount last year, and after a whole year, they were still at ~$2.5 on SCM. I mean, people who bought these still managed to earn some profit, but come on... 1 year and they're still 50% off compared to their original value? And there's no guranatee it won't be even worse this time. I don't wanna be the guy who says the economy is dying and shit, but you have to see the demand is currently very low for pretty much everything out there, and it's still going lower and lower. On the other hand, I believe a lot of people who realise this won't buy anything from the store this time (at least not for trading purpose), which can decrease the supply as well, so who knows? Things might turn out this way, but before you do anything, you should take these things into consideration and ask yourself if you're willing to take a big risk. Because as i said before, it's definitely not a safe investment

Well, I don't remember correctly, I bought around 800 tinge and hue combined last year thinking of fast profit. the reality is that it took almost a year to sell blacks, and i still have ~50 tinges. If you have free money and free space, take it, but it take awfully a lot time.

• 2 weeks later...