Dear steamrep admins/mods.

FLuffy!

Is there anyway a person who got a caution mark on steamrep has a chance to get that removed? Just concerned as there was this buyer of knife who has a caution tag and asked him what happened and even though I am aware of what happened, I still pushed the transaction. The result? It all went well do far, no chargebacks after 2-3 hours yet. Just feelsbadman cause other traders wouldn't be able to sell him the knife he wanted because of that tag

Caution tag isn't a ban.

Never said it was a ban, I'm saying that it gives the other sellers less chance of selling a specific unusual to him on money transactions because of the caution tag

Is there anyway a person who got a caution mark on steamrep has a chance to get that removed? Just concerned as there was this buyer of knife who has a caution tag and asked him what happened and even though I am aware of what happened, I still pushed the transaction. The result? It all went well do far, no chargebacks after 2-3 hours yet. Just feelsbadman cause other traders wouldn't be able to sell him the knife he wanted because of that tag

RIP if he charges back tho...

If someone did shady stuff in the past I'd want to know about it. I don't think they should be removed because it's an indicator that the person has engaged in shady things, and if that hurts his trading ability it's his own fault.

• Like 2

If someone did shady stuff in the past I'd want to know about it. I don't think they should be removed because it's an indicator that the person has engaged in shady things, and if that hurts his trading ability it's his own fault.

I agree with that, but banning people on outpost or backpack.tf for trading with scammers is just a stupid rule .-.

Is there anyway a person who got a caution mark on steamrep has a chance to get that removed?

They can appeal it like anyone else

It all went well do far, no chargebacks after 2-3 hours yet. Just feelsbadman cause other traders wouldn't be able to sell him the knife he wanted because of that tag

The point of a caution tag is that the person has done some shady things in the past, but showed remorse and had valid reasoning to not get a full mark. People can trade with them freely and do not risk being banned. People with caution tags know that if they scam, they will pretty much never get unmarked. They know they were lucky to not get a full mark (or to successfully appeal the mark) in the first place

I agree with that, but banning people on outpost or backpack.tf for trading with scammers is just a stupid rule .-.

the point is to discourage people from fencing for scammers/letting scammers make profit off of scamming

There are mods who also checks forums aswell :-)

yeah sure, but they're probably checking the SR forums.... http://forums.steamrep.com/

I'm a SteamRep admin, you can verify that by clicking the [+] icon below my avatar. We don't routinely check here or other sites, so there's no guarantee we'll see it, but we do periodically look because a handful of people (mostly scammers) have made it their mission to spread misinformation about how SteamRep works and convince people not to look at it. If you want a guarantee that someone from SteamRep will respond, you should post in the SteamRep forums; I don't get why this concept is so hard for people to understand. Posting here to address SteamRep is like posting in the Steam community forums to address Blizzard about a World of Warcraft issue, then complaining that nobody from Blizzard gave an official response.

They can appeal it like anyone else

The point of a caution tag is that the person has done some shady things in the past, but showed remorse and had valid reasoning to not get a full mark. People can trade with them freely and do not risk being banned. People with caution tags know that if they scam, they will pretty much never get unmarked. They know they were lucky to not get a full mark (or to successfully appeal the mark) in the first place

That's only 1 specific situation in which a caution may be issued (downgraded during appeal). To clarify, a caution is issued for any shady behavior where the person is not deemed a sufficient threat to warrant automatic bans on multiple websites. Common examples include committing a scam, but repaying out of remorse before they got marked/reported (I did this for someone who ran with brokered items but later returned them), or an appeal granted for a "change of heart", but it's more broad than that. Caution tags are as permanent by nature as scammer/banned tags.

If you are dealing with someone who has a caution tag, you should take notice of what they received a tag for. Like scammer/banned tags, a caution is there to help you make a safe and informed decision about who to trade with. If you decide, based on the circumstances, they are safe to trade with, then absolutely go ahead and make your trade. Just don't make the mistake a lot of people do and take whatever excuse the other trader gives at face value; when scammers spammed r/tf2 from alts with anti-SteamRep propaganda a year ago, I got a ton of random adds and PMs from people who went first with PayPal scammers because "the scammer said you tagged him because you're corrupt and tried to extort money out of him, but he still took all my unusuals. Did you really commit admin abuse?" - If they have a negative mark for doing something shady, it's a sign you should trust them or their word less even if they may be safe to trade with.

• Like 2

From someone who had a caution tag for a year plus,

all you can do is wait.

From someone who had a caution tag for a year plus,

all you can do is wait.

Yeah, we'll see. I'd be so happy if I give a gift to my mama with ze money

I'm a SteamRep admin, you can verify that by clicking the [+] icon below my avatar. We don't routinely check here or other sites, so there's no guarantee we'll see it, but we do periodically look because a handful of people (mostly scammers) have made it their mission to spread misinformation about how SteamRep works and convince people not to look at it. If you want a guarantee that someone from SteamRep will respond, you should post in the SteamRep forums; I don't get why this concept is so hard for people to understand. Posting here to address SteamRep is like posting in the Steam community forums to address Blizzard about a World of Warcraft issue, then complaining that nobody from Blizzard gave an official response.

That's only 1 specific situation in which a caution may be issued (downgraded during appeal). To clarify, a caution is issued for any shady behavior where the person is not deemed a sufficient threat to warrant automatic bans on multiple websites. Common examples include committing a scam, but repaying out of remorse before they got marked/reported (I did this for someone who ran with brokered items but later returned them), or an appeal granted for a "change of heart", but it's more broad than that. Caution tags are as permanent by nature as scammer/banned tags.

If you are dealing with someone who has a caution tag, you should take notice of what they received a tag for. Like scammer/banned tags, a caution is there to help you make a safe and informed decision about who to trade with. If you decide, based on the circumstances, they are safe to trade with, then absolutely go ahead and make your trade. Just don't make the mistake a lot of people do and take whatever excuse the other trader gives at face value; when scammers spammed r/tf2 from alts with anti-SteamRep propaganda a year ago, I got a ton of random adds and PMs from people who went first with PayPal scammers because "the scammer said you tagged him because you're corrupt and tried to extort money out of him, but he still took all my unusuals. Did you really commit admin abuse?" - If they have a negative mark for doing something shady, it's a sign you should trust them or their word less even if they may be safe to trade with.

Thanks for pointing it out, tho I just don't use sr forums and I'd have to login once again to say it all there which is my mistake rip but yeah answers are clear a bit.