How do I find sold items for price suggestions? And are bad accepted suggestions reportable?

Toad

When I look at price suggestions, I notice people are somehow able to find what an item sold for, how do they do this?

Secondly, I also notice a lot of outright wrong and questionable accepted suggestions, what can I do about this?

A pretty easy way to find sales is to use backpack comparison links. These allow you to view items that have been added / removed across two different days. Click the "Compare" button on the top right of anyone's backpack to use it. :)

If you notice any questionable or "wrong" suggestions being accepted, we would appreciate if you followed the guidelines here:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/75-guidelines-for-suggestion-question-threads/

If all else fails, PM me or another mod on the forums.

A pretty easy way to find sales is to use backpack comparison links. These allow you to view items that have been added / removed across two different days. Click the "Compare" button on the top right of anyone's backpack to use it. :)

If you notice any questionable or "wrong" suggestions being accepted, we would appreciate if you followed the guidelines here:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/75-guidelines-for-suggestion-question-threads/

If all else fails, PM me or another mod on the forums.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the compare feature, but this doesn't explain how people are finding how tons of items were sold. Look at random unusual suggestions, or even the key suggestions - you'd have to comb through and follow hundreds/thousands of backpacks for some of that. 

And thanks for the link there, i'll be using that a lot more :P

I looked at the compare feature, but this doesn't explain how people are finding how tons of items were sold. Look at random unusual suggestions, or even the key suggestions - you'd have to comb through and follow hundreds/thousands of backpacks for some of that. 

It's not necessarily needed for non-unusual suggestions, they're most useful for unusual suggestions. Sales people provide in non-unusual suggestions tend to be their own or are found by keeping an eye on trades. They're generally not needed as much anyway, as generally sellers and buyers have a much greater impact on value than one or two sales.

I know the feature may seem daunting at first, but once you know how to use it, it's a walk in the park. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

If you see any problems in a suggestion (i.e wrong information, or missed sales, etc), feel free to comment a correction on the suggestion. We rely on the means we have to check sales (outpost, item histories, backpack compare links), but as you can imagine, they're not always 100% accurate, especially not in large backpacks such as your own. Having the traders involved, or people that know more about the situation confirm or correct sales is always highly appreciated! This could prevent unwanted mistakes before they get accepted. 

In the case a suggestion has been accepted based on proof that was incomplete, (e.g where more items were involved that we simply could not find, or where a crucial buyout cap was missed), you can also make a new suggestion on it to fix the old one. This is no guarantee that things will be changed, of course, but the case can be re-assessed, and the moderator that accepted it can shed a light on the situation and explain his decision.