Suggestion Question

٠•● Pollen Zest

Refined Metal 0.08-0.09$

http://backpack.tf/suggestion/5842039483de6b59383c310f

Closed by polar:

Which websites there allowed to be used for refined metal, it's not clear at all, infact there's nothing at all

It should have been accepted because, Salvage has used only outpost multiple times and got accepted, when I asked for counter-proof, none was provided, (And very few warnings) I could not find any other trades to use (using r/tf2 or r/tf2trade is almost useless due to sh**posting)

What i think:

His got accepted because maybe mods looked up for more proof and saw it was same like outpost

or

it was enough for a drop and it was 100% needed a drop and right now the proof isn't strong enough

Your only proof at 0.07 USD was a single seller with a stock of 17 refined. That's $1.19. No one wants to share their personal information on paypal for a one dollar trade. It's not selling, not because his price is too high, but because it's simply inconvenient to trade with him.

That is just not valid proof to define your low end. What I was suggesting was that you should look at one of the other websites to supplement your proof. You would have a much stronger argument for your range if you showed some additional sellers at 0.07.

"Trading forums, reddit, our own forums are also valuable places to check out." -Polar

Additionally, dropping millions of ref that exist when someone has only 17 in stock? Why do you believe that constitutes a drop, my friend?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Your only proof at 0.07 USD was a single seller with a stock of 17 refined. That's $1.19. No one wants to share their personal information on paypal for a one dollar trade. It's not selling, not because his price is too high, but because it's simply inconvenient to trade with him.

That is just not valid proof to define your low end. What I was suggesting was that you should look at one of the other websites to supplement your proof. You would have a much stronger argument for your range if you showed some additional sellers at 0.07.

I however do understand the concern of the suggester here, that exáct same seller was used as sole proof for 0.08 last suggestion, so its weird to not use it here. [or rather - its weird it was used last time].

I was not involved in the accepting/rejecting of the last few suggestions, so I do not know anything about additional information available there, but I understand the suggester's concern here.

• Like 2

that exáct same seller was used as sole proof for 0.08 last suggestion

Well, I've said this before, but refined suggestions cannot be viewed in the same light as other suggestions. I won't play the same chord again about how refined is used to price all other items so we must differentiate between sale value and intrinsic value. But I will highlight that buyers are very important in evaluating the refined market. The lower end was set not only by the seller at 0.08 but by an evaluation of the buyer's market which is what really drives refined dollar value. Low rep sellers are always the lowest sellers and they can't sell their refined. It's the high rep buyers who determine that market.

Ok, all of this is fine, but can we have a list of websites we aren't meant/allowed to use in suggestions? (unless there already is one) because it's not clear at all.