New unusual effects

McBro

My apologies if this has already been asked but: Anyone know when the site will be updated to show the new effects such as Neutron Star or Starstorm?

Also another thing I thought would be neat is weapon effects. I know why they aren't added, it makes since to me. But instead maybe a little picture in the corner of the item that corresponds to an effect? 

For example Isotope would have a green circle. Energy orb would be a red circle. Cool would be a snowflake. Lastly hot would be a small fire with smoke. Kind of like how killstreak items have that dash in the corner.

Check here for the weapon unusual idea: (http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/56520-weapon-effects-idea/)

Any thoughts and or suggestions?

But instead maybe a little picture in the corner of the item that corresponds to an effect? 

Agreed! But, I think it would be nice to just have the full picture effect behind the weapon like it is for hats. They ARE unusuals!

Oh man, very glad to see the support for this!

Agreed! But, I think it would be nice to just have the full picture effect behind the weapon like it is for hats. They ARE unusuals!

I would also, but I've noticed how the website loads unusuals. It loads the effect as an image and then overlays it with the item. Boom unusual item. This doesn't work for the weapon effects cause they vary for each weapon and wouldn't show up when the weapon image is loaded in. The effect would be covered up by the weapon.

- Unusual hat effects are static. An Scorching Noble has the exact effect as a scorching team captain.

- Unusual weapon are dynamic. The overall size of the effect depends on the weapon. For example a pistol unusual effect is much smaller than a minigun.

+1 from me, you should put this under the requests forum tab or whatever it's called.

I'll do that now. I'll leave this up for the initial question but create a new topic for Website Suggestions

I would say that the devs would have incentive to do this because they don't want the site to run on outpost time, but then I saw outpost still doesnt have any taunt effects which were added 2.5 years ago, sooooo...

ez support, your weapon ideas sound a lot like how effects used to be displayed

I sent all the info fiskie needs to do this 2 weeks ago (he needs the particle number corresponding to each effect name). It's on his time now. Sprites are taken straight from the particle effects on SFM.

I included the information for both weps and the new effects.