Quickbuyers beware?

Arcslayer

Okay so quickbuying is quite common but also risky, so here's my question.  When quickbuying unusuals especially, how many trades with scammers would get you banned?  I'm always afraid of getting banned so I do my research before accepting, but how many mistakes does it take to get banned?

on tf2 outpost 1 trade = 15 days ban 2 trade = lifetime ban

on backpack tf depend value items often are 2-5 trade for lifetime ban on backpack.tf

lifetime ban are not always lifetime if you're do 0 trade with scammer on 1 years you can be unbanned if you do ban appeal. but not always only work if you do small trade with scammer.

You should always check who you are trading with and it's extremely easy. Bookmark rep.tf and paste the user's steam id in there.

Generally the third ban for trading with scammers or scammer alts will be permanent. Knowingly trading with them is an instant perm ban. You can find what we expect from users here:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29027-guide-for-background-checks/

I've also seen people that have been banned on Outpost migrate to Backpack.tf and vice versa.  If you've been banned on only one site and the rep is good are they still scammers?

• Like 1

I've also seen people that have been banned on Outpost migrate to Backpack.tf and vice versa.  If you've been banned on only one site and the rep is good are they still scammers?

I can't speak for other sites. Our only requirement is that you check the user's profile on our site. Carnage already linked our rules above. Please have a look.

I have rarely seen someone get caught on Outpost and not be so on bp.tf, and the other way round. In any case, you must not look at it like "okay so how many am I allowed to do". You do not trade with scammers, because they do not deserve to trade with anyone, and because trading with them is helping them.

• Like 3

As someone who's been banned on tf2outpost, I've realized I've never really needed it to be honest; and that backpack.tf serves as a much easier place to list stuff that you want to sell. I mean, that's a bit biased, but I was a donator on tf2outpost, traded with "scammers" because I was trying to cash out, and then on top of being scammed only minor amounts, and successfully selling the rest of my keys (, about 2 years ago,) I was dumbfounded to see I was banned on tf2outpost & steamrep.

Thank god steamrep realized every other person is a (Russian) scammer in the community, so they let me off the hook, as my only ban was selling keys to "scammers" when I thought they were legit traders that actually went and did wrong instead.

It's sad to see that tf2outpost, which is a partner of steamrep, won't uphold steamrep's judgments, but as soon as my tag was taken off, bp.tf automatically allowed me to make classies.

Other thing is, I can't appeal once more with tf2outpost because I had already mistakenly used it. Not only that, I'm blocked or softblocked by every tf2outpost mod and their superior, which helps a lot.

So thanks outpost / Toughsox's Magic Kingdom.ru , I'll be dumping my keys onto Geel & polar now, since they understand following TF2 societal guidelines.

I've seen people banned permanently on their first trade with a scammer due to how much value the trade that took place was.

You should never give custom to scammers imo. Trading with them just encourages them to continue doing it.

• Like 3

As someone who's been banned on tf2outpost, I've realized I've never really needed it to be honest; and that backpack.tf serves as a much easier place to list stuff that you want to sell. I mean, that's a bit biased, but I was a donator on tf2outpost, traded with "scammers" because I was trying to cash out, and then on top of being scammed only minor amounts, and successfully selling the rest of my keys (, about 2 years ago,) I was dumbfounded to see I was banned on tf2outpost & steamrep.

Thank god steamrep realized every other person is a (Russian) scammer in the community, so they let me off the hook, as my only ban was selling keys to "scammers" when I thought they were legit traders that actually went and did wrong instead.

It's sad to see that tf2outpost, which is a partner of steamrep, won't uphold steamrep's judgments, but as soon as my tag was taken off, bp.tf automatically allowed me to make classies.

Other thing is, I can't appeal once more with tf2outpost because I had already mistakenly used it. Not only that, I'm blocked or softblocked by every tf2outpost mod and their superior, which helps a lot.

So thanks outpost / Toughsox's Magic Kingdom.ru , I'll be dumping my keys onto Geel & polar now, since they understand following TF2 societal guidelines.

Oh, how I love a good bedtime story.

Your ban reason is quite specific. Then add in the 5 alts you made for ban evasions, and you expect what?  To come here like some sort of innocent person as far as Outpost goes?  Don't go portraying yourself as some sort of innocent victim here.  

As for you being blocked, I won't speak for anyone else on Staff here but I don't have you (or anyone for that matter) blocked at all. I just no desire to accept any requests on your behalf because there is nothing I need to hear you say. 

Oh, how I love a good bedtime story.

Your ban reason is quite specific. Then add in the 5 alts you made for ban evasions, and you expect what?  To come here like some sort of innocent person as far as Outpost goes?  Don't go portraying yourself as some sort of innocent victim here.  

As for you being blocked, I won't speak for anyone else on Staff here but I don't have you (or anyone for that matter) blocked at all. I just no desire to accept any requests on your behalf because there is nothing I need to hear you say. 

Yeah, I'm admin in game for Vatican and I gotta agree it's so annoying when people act like they did nothing wrong, they go around claiming you're an abuser then demand you add them and wanna talk about why you muted/gagged/banned them, saying how wrong you were for punishing them. Same old crap every day. Not sure why people have to lie. For once it would be nice for someone to go "hey Jessica, sorry for earlier. no hard feelings girl"

I have rarely seen someone get caught on Outpost and not be so on bp.tf, and the other way round. In any case, you must not look at it like "okay so how many am I allowed to do". You do not trade with scammers, because they do not deserve to trade with anyone, and because trading with them is helping them.

Preach it.     

On the subject of rep checking, I'm a middleman and have to do background checks constantly. I've come up with a consistent and thorough method that doesn't take very much time at all and covers all of your bases.

Start at steamrep.com. From SR, use the research tools section to go to their backpack.tf and tf2outpost.com profiles. Check for current bans on both. On backpack.tf specifically, check the inventory history graph for rapid fluctuations. Also on backpack.tf, observe their steam join date. From steamrep again visit their steamcommunity.com profile, and check their hours played, information box (for suspicious requests/info) and comments.

It takes me about 1-2 minutes to do this, but you will never trade with a scammer again. Rep.tf is great, but I personally prefer to individually check sites for bans, and rep.tf doesn't display all of the information you might need to see.

@OP every community site is different. At the moment, steamrep does not have a policy against trades with scammers anymore, the only way to be banned for that is for knowingly brokering for them or basically becoming partners with them.

There are some users that are banned on tf2outpost who you CANNOT trade with, as trading with them could lead to a ban from outpost, but the same user might be clean on every other site. You have to make sure you check EVERY site that matters to you before making a trade.