Why do we trade?

Pootis bird

Because it's fun, because profit, because why stopping when trading only gets easier the richer you are ^^ Being able to afford amazing stuff I did not allow myself to dream about 2 years ago is also a goal. And I'm starting to actually cash out, and it's gonna help me greatly in my student life.

As for the e-peen: yeah, I've noticed it for some guys on trade servers. they talk about their items and trades they did in such a pretentious way it's hilarious.

Because it's fun, because profit, because why stopping when trading only gets easier the richer you are ^^ Being able to afford amazing stuff I did not allow myself to dream about 2 years ago is also a goal. And I'm starting to actually cash out, and it's gonna help me greatly in my student life.

Pretty much the same for me. Started trading since I was really interested in the economy so I traded as a hobby, but I ended up building up faster than expected (I only wanted some cosmetics and perhaps an unusual at the time). I still trade because of profit, to get items I want and because I somewhat enjoy it (though I've been a lot less active over the past months).

Similarly to you, I intend to cash out some soon which will give me a great headstart since I start uni next year :D

When i started trading i never thinking i will become so rich one day, my goal was only to buying some stuff i like in tf2 since its my favorit game i don't have money.

today my goal is to have more unusuals, i can and have money to buy hardware. and a pc i already bought with trading.

I don't really care on items for playing anymore because i enjoy more trading than playing tf2

I like the feelings that I get from being spoiled by sugar daddies. They always buying stuffs I dont really need. How many hats can you wear at the same time ? Just 1 but its the quality of the item that counts.

I still trade, not near as much as I used to, just to trade items i'm not currently using/wearing as much for items that have caught my eye. i get bored of the same loadouts after a while, and need lil "refresheners" I call them. Some little new thing that makes the loadout feel new again. Yes there are items I pickup strictly because I think "hey, there's money to be made there", and those profits usually just go into getting a friend (or family member) something nice. I enjoy playing tf2. i play on my alt quite often that has no unusuals, just to be 'one of the guys' in the casual map or w/e.

the people I see weekly that push so hard to make profit... well they don't enjoy the game. I mean it looks and sounds like they're too busy stressing over every trade lol

To be able to buy at any time a cosmetic item that I like.

I like to change a cosmetic set because I get easily tired of the current one.

Money pretty much here. Trading has paid for my trips to America, HK, Iceland and Malaysia over the course of 2 years~. While also having the cash handy for PC upgrades was nice too. Anyone else got anything cool from trading?

I still trade, not near as much as I used to, just to trade items i'm not currently using/wearing as much for items that have caught my eye. i get bored of the same loadouts after a while, and need lil "refresheners" I call them. Some little new thing that makes the loadout feel new again. Yes there are items I pickup strictly because I think "hey, there's money to be made there", and those profits usually just go into getting a friend (or family member) something nice. I enjoy playing tf2. i play on my alt quite often that has no unusuals, just to be 'one of the guys' in the casual map or w/e.

the people I see weekly that push so hard to make profit... well they don't enjoy the game. I mean it looks and sounds like they're too busy stressing over every trade lol

Agree!

• Administrators

Im a lazy trader. Profit pretty much comes naturally, albeit slowly. The latter is also because I got some hats with the intention to keep them (or at least keep them for a while).

I initially got into the trading world because I started flipping items on the SCM to buy games, and eventually to buy professional killstreak weapons for myself. Once I saw an unusual hat on a server I kinda wanted one to stand out whilst playing (who needs skill when you have hats!) Thats when I decided to dive into the magical world of unusual trading. I pretty much continued because I had nothing to do for about a year, so I started to get familiar with the community and the way hats are valued. That and trading pretty much went hand-in-hand (as I could convert my efforts into results by putting my gained knowledge to the test, so to speak).

Unlike a lot of traders I actually play the game more than that I actually trade. If Im in game, Im nearly always either playing mvm or pubs (nowadays casual). Im NEVER ever at any trading servers (unless another trader invites me there to see the items they offered on in game). I dont really play competitive since I realize I suck way too much for that. With a fun team of not-super-serious people I would like to give (and already have given) it a shot, though. The day I stop playing regularly will probably be the moment Ill start to cash the majority of my backpack. Ill keep certain items forever, though.

I already have my dream soldier set; recently even expanded it once infernal flames as effect was released (though Im still looking for certain rocketlaunchers) and have most of my other characters equipped with hats I enjoy wearing (especially the classes i usually enjoy playing most - soldier, demo and medic).

I dont really have any specific aspirations (other than maybe obtaining the spellbound antlers at some point), but just generally enjoy getting new hats or stuff to either build unique sets with, or to just have some variety in headgear.

TL/DR
Monies, boredom, increased self-esteem and fashion-related purposes.

• Like 1

Because i don't have a steady job, so instead i spend my day hassling people online about not paying 30% overpay on my pixelated hat for your pixelated hat. 

I just like the pretty hats and effects.

I couldn't care less about profits and as long as I can pull out more than £30 I've profited from what I've put into unusual trading.