This is just rediculous

hardyboy04

So... Key price. Currently 27 refined and yet just last year they were priced at 16 and the longer you go down in time the price of refined to keys goes even lower. Valve are just milking it, with a massive trading community in tf2 they can rise the prices of keys and they will still get bought and now its Christmas they will receive even more money, and what for? The Halloween updates are just the same bosses/maps with more skins and most skins are community made. Valve never listens to the community most of the weapons that are begged to be nerfed are either left alone or buffed. All their updates consist of buffs or nerfs, small amounts of skins (Like I said not all made by them). Just to make the point remember when Halloween items where tradeable? Well that was giving to much of a profit to people not buying things so of course they fix that oh and whats next the so called "Presents" given at Christmas are untradeable. Valve put hardly any effort into tf2 and yet they get loads of money. 

And just to back that up there is loads of things in the console that either don't execute or don't exist which lags the game and my Internet is fine, the same with my pc (I've also re downloaded the game many times). A few examples, class cfgs not executing and backblast does not exist and the same with red/blue player sparkles they all causes significant lag (These are just a few of the top of my head).

Why would they focus on TF2 when CSGO's player base is significantly larger? You're right, they're milking it. Hell if I was in that position I would, the game has been out for 9 years. Quite a few of my friends have dropped the game for your reasons exactly, if the devs don't listen then move on and find a game with devs that care and have passion. I'll be sticking with TF2 as long as there's a market(even if it's declining)

Valve isn't raising key prices, lmao. Keys are worth $2.49, same as they've always been. The value of refined metal is dropping relative to that of keys. It's simple supply and demand. The amount of ref is increasing far more than that of keys, and the demand is dropping. As such, the price goes down.

They aren't helping the game, by any means, but they aren't intentionally hurting anything, especially the economy of their third largest money-making game.

Edit: I've got nothing better to do so I'm going to go ahead and counter some of your more specific claims.

>most skins are community made. Valve never listens to the community 

Bruh

>All their updates consist of buffs or nerfs, small amounts of skins (Like I said not all made by them).

Well, yeah. What do you expect? They're not going to introduce something big like a new map or weapon in a minor weekly update. And the big updates take time to make. Maybe not as much time as they've taken in recent months, but you can't expect something on that scale every month from any company.

And they have yet to introduce a 'small amount of skins'. The two updates that have had skins at all were Gun mettle and Tough break, and those each had a pretty decent amount.

>remember when Halloween items where tradeable? Well that was giving to much of a profit to people not buying things so of course they fix that

Transmuting exists. If there's a halloween hat you really want, play the game a bunch and transmute them into something new that you do want. If people not buying hats off the store was an issue to them, why would they put new hats in the crafting system, or make them droppable? Why not make it so you can only get them from crates and the store?

>oh and whats next the so called "Presents" given at Christmas are untradeable.

I don't even know what you're talking about here. Are you referring to how you can't use gift wrap on untradeable items anymore? They made all non-achievement items tradeable. That decision was great for the players who needed it previously, but they are literally hurting their own sales of gift wrap and lowering their profits for the benefit of the players.

>there is loads of things in the console that either don't execute or don't exist which lags the game and my Internet is fine, the same with my pc

This is more likely due to the number of hats and particle effects than unused commands in the console. The game was never designed to have as many hats in the game, and as such it's horribly optimized. Try looking into some configs that can do that for you.

So... Key price. Currently 27 refined and yet just last year they were priced at 16 and the longer you go down in time the price of refined to keys goes even lower. Valve are just milking it, with a massive trading community in tf2 they can rise the prices of keys and they will still get bought and now its Christmas they will receive even more money, and what for? The Halloween updates are just the same bosses/maps with more skins and most skins are community made. Valve never listens to the community most of the weapons that are begged to be nerfed are either left alone or buffed. All their updates consist of buffs or nerfs, small amounts of skins (Like I said not all made by them). Just to make the point remember when Halloween items where tradeable? Well that was giving to much of a profit to people not buying things so of course they fix that oh and whats next the so called "Presents" given at Christmas are untradeable. Valve put hardly any effort into tf2 and yet they get loads of money. 

And just to back that up there is loads of things in the console that either don't execute or don't exist which lags the game and my Internet is fine, the same with my pc (I've also re downloaded the game many times). A few examples, class cfgs not executing and backblast does not exist and the same with red/blue player sparkles they all causes significant lag (These are just a few of the top of my head).

The 'price' of keys has been the most stable thing in this economy since it began.  What you're describing isn't the price, but rather the relationship of refined to keys.  The reason why keys used to cost 4 ref and now cost 27 ref is because refined is useless now and the amount of refined in the game literally increases every second of each day.  This has nothing to do with Valve btw, it's just how TF2 works.  

As for the rest of your complaints.....*shrug*....maybe it's time to move onto another game for you?  

If you look at the beginning of the ref timeline in bp.tf, there is less than 1500 ref.. look at it now, today. Almost 4,000,000 refined metal (or a whopping 148,148.15 keys in ref alone.) So basically, ref is more common, meaning that everything that we use ref for has gone down. (Also keys go up since ref is really common now.) Ref is so common, people give it away.

If you look at the beginning of the ref timeline in bp.tf, there is less than 1500 ref.. look at it now, today. Almost 4,000,000 refined metal (or a whopping 148,148.15 keys in ref alone.) So basically, ref is more common, meaning that everything that we use ref for has gone down. (Also keys go up since ref is really common now.) Ref is so common, people give it away.

Can you give me 3 ref? :D

>oh and whats next the so called "Presents" given at Christmas are untradeable.

I don't even know what you're talking about here. Are you referring to how you can't use gift wrap on untradeable items anymore? They made all non-achievement items tradeable. That decision was great for the players who needed it previously, but they are literally hurting their own sales of gift wrap and lowering their profits for the benefit of the players.

I think he's complaining the items he gets from a FREE gift aren't trade-able so he can't flip them. 

one thing that relates to this is how they price a cosmetic to be cheaper but its higher on SCM

man that sounds like some price manipulation 

• Administrators

Maybe someday they will go down. Someday...

The only feasible way that I can see Keys going down are if Valve implements a method to craft Refined into Keys using the $2.49 from the Mann Co. Store as the price to go off of for Keys. The only issue is what price to use for the Refined (the current Refined price would cost ~29 Refined to make a Key). I suppose they could create a poll for the players to vote on, but there's always the potential issue that the difference in percent per price would be too close to decide.

The only feasible way that I can see Keys going down are if Valve implements a method to craft Refined into Keys using the $2.49 from the Mann Co. Store as the price to go off of for Keys.

That's not feasible at all and would flat out destroy the economy by making keys worthless.

All that's needed is a good metal sink that can cause refined to leave the economy around the same speed at which it enters. Valve's capable of it (as look what they've done to strange parts by releasing the strange transfer tool), but they just won't do it, as to them, having an economy where people have to shell out actual money for the good stuff is more profitable.

In any case, I'd say the best current option for a metal sink would be to do something with the skins. I'd look at making a 2-3 ref item that re-skins a weapon so you can attempt to get a pattern of your liking on the weapon and/or a skin reforge tool for about 4-6 refined that'd turn a weapon into another weapon of the same collection and grade (probably also have the item be only Civilian/Freelance with the ability to be traded up for higher grades).

That's not feasible at all and would flat out destroy the economy by making keys worthless.

All that's needed is a good metal sink that can cause refined to leave the economy around the same speed at which it enters. Valve's capable of it (as look what they've done to strange parts by releasing the strange transfer tool), but they just won't do it, as to them, having an economy where people have to shell out actual money for the good stuff is more profitable.

In any case, I'd say the best current option for a metal sink would be to do something with the skins. I'd look at making a 2-3 ref item that re-skins a weapon so you can attempt to get a pattern of your liking on the weapon and/or a skin reforge tool for about 4-6 refined that'd turn a weapon into another weapon of the same collection and grade (probably also have the item be only Civilian/Freelance with the ability to be traded up for higher grades).

Why not something like Crit crafting?

Lets say you have a 1% chance of crafting a strange variant of an item (be it hats, weapons etc.) and maybe alternate hat styles similarly to how the Tuff Stuff Muffs has the Boston style. Valve could implement a way to producing new textures for old hats and make it so it has a small % chance of crafting.

As an added bonus, these extra styles can be applied to another, same hat. So lets say you craft a "Golden Eagle Chieftain's Challenge" then you can apply that onto your unusual Chieftain's Challenge.

The one thing that is important though is that these additional hat skins (similarly to how the festivizers SHOULD'VE worked is by allowing the user to remove them).

If the only way to get these styles would be through crafting then there'd always be people crafting for them.

Even if they made paint craftable but at a low % chance, there'd always be people trying to craft for paint since it's an item that lots of people need, albeit it'll drop the price of paint somewhat, but it'd stabilise the fall of Refined since paint is always leaving the system.