No NEW Unusual Miscs Being Unboxed?!

Great Lasaga

Valve has recently doubled the unusual rate (of hats?).

Something I am not gettIng is the lack of miscs being unboxed (because there is none). Not even the god tier miscs have been unboxed yet. I am assuming this is just a mess up on Valve's part because no new effects exist on any of the miscs. Which is ashame, Darkblaze + Starstorm Slumber can't exist unless you buy Big Pile Of Dick's horrendously priced Darkblaze viewfinder.

• Administrators

I've read several things about miscs being bugged or intentionally removed during the event. People appear to have unboxed random unique miscs from crates that should not normally be in there in unique quality - indicating that they initially rolled an unusual, but were not awarded with an actual unusual quality item. 

I've noticed that unusual miscs with the new effects are lacking as well, and I assume it has to do with that. Whether it is a bug or an intentional exempt is unknown to me, though

Although I can't confirm this with any posts yet, I have heard from a fairly reliable source that unless something has the 'hat' equip region it can't be unboxed in unusual form with the new effects. Would seem to be confirmed by the unboxing of unusual Ritzy Rick's and Baseball Bill's tho and other hatless hats hairpieces that have the 'hat' equip region. Some, for example the team craptain, have simple been disabled.

Well yeah, with the rigged TF2 unboxing stuff I'm not suprised it's bugged, in all my years I've been unboxing, I've never unboxed something with a higher value than 1k.

It's rigged, and the bug that Foamy's talking about? It's probably intentional.

Well yeah, with the rigged TF2 unboxing stuff I'm not suprised it's bugged, in all my years I've been unboxing, I've never unboxed something with a higher value than 1k.

It's rigged, and the bug that Foamy's talking about? It's probably intentional.

$1,000 is actually an amazing unbox.

Although I can't confirm this with any posts yet, I have heard from a fairly reliable source that unless something has the 'hat' equip region it can't be unboxed in unusual form with the new effects. Would seem to be confirmed by the unboxing of unusual Ritzy Rick's and Baseball Bill's tho and other hatless hats hairpieces that have the 'hat' equip region. Some, for example the team craptain, have simple been disabled.

I never noticed that there were no new unusual Team Captains unboxed before you just mentioned it :o

......which makes no sense really. Why disable the Team Captain of all things considering it's a normal hat with the appropriate equip regions? Valve just keeps making less and less sense

Wonder if anyone's unboxed a unique TC from a halloween crate then yet.......... (must be even worse than getting an unique misc)

what if the answer was more simple than that, i mean the huge majority unboxed the multi-class crates or the creepy crawly cases, which dont have unusual miscs or team captain. On the other hand lots of people, including myself unboxed #83 crates, but maybe we were not that lucky to unbox any miscs or team captains, cause the odds are small anyway

I never noticed that there were no new unusual Team Captains unboxed before you just mentioned it :o

......which makes no sense really. Why disable the Team Captain of all things considering it's a normal hat with the appropriate equip regions? Valve just keeps making less and less sense

Wonder if anyone's unboxed a unique TC from a halloween crate then yet.......... (must be even worse than getting an unique misc)

Team Captain unboxes are just disabled in the multi-class crate, I believe the reasoning was hats that don't have a Workshop page can't be unboxed from the new unlocked crates. Thus technically the TC could have been unboxed in Halloween effect, but only in a normal roll in a crate other than the unlocked crates, meaning it was a very small chance.

A friend of mine unboxed several hundred crate #31 and #17 I believe they were in hopes of getting a misc (pyromancer i think?) and came up dry. I think the total he unboxed was 425? He did get a couple unusuals, but none were hats that were listed on the crate contents to his dismay lol