Price Voting

F  CHARLIE

I would like to see opinions on this idea.  When finding proof for the trading price of something we should not consider item exchanges as proof.  Who knows how much someone values the item they are trading away.  We know they value it less then the item they are getting but beyond that it can't be determined.  If we say that price for something is X units of currency we should need to show that the majority of trades that occured for that item where for the price we say it was.  Thsi is to say all trades not just the majority of proofs shown.

The person who is giving items never values the item as much as what they are getting while currency would be universally valued the same because it can be used to get anything that any trader wants.

Usually you overpay in items, how much you overpay? that depend son the traders. Usually, common items are traded for items or pure. Trades for pure keys, ref, etc. are enough to make a suggestion. If the item is rarely traded, and it's traded for items, it would be hard to make an accurate price. I'd say the price is around the trades of the item for pure currency and less than the total value of the items payed.

Is this what you're talking about? Because that's what I understood but I don't get the title.

Chief D

Yes, I should have labeled it "Price Proofs" but you are correct in your summery.  If proof is item trades than I think they are less valid because the item's value is in the opinion of the giver and receiver and what is obvious is that the bp.tf price is not what the offerer was willing to pay.  I have had plenty of offers in items when I notice that they had well over the amount needed to pay in some form of trade currency.  An item trade is not a marker of "what someone is willing to pay".

In all I am wondering if item trades sould be allowed to determine price of items.  If there are to be price suggestions shouldn't it be based only on actual currency purchases?  I imagine Unusuals would be very difficult because most are in swaps or secondary market, possibly.

Archived