How can I increase my backpack value to 1000 Keys?

Apeiron

​Is it too hard to doing it?

I know, you have to give your hours to trade. I'm trading unusual since ~Dec 2015. Even cashed out ~130 keys 3 months ago.

But I still couldn't understand the system, How can I sell unusuals fast with profit? In a day or maybe 2..

What is the secret? Which effects and hats I have to buy for selling fast?

Buying from scrap.tf can be expensive since people wants to buy QS with %25-30 OFF.

I know how to search quicksells from TF2OP, Trade.tf but still can't be sure which one I should buy?

I'm waiting too much to sell.

If someone is trynna quicksell an unusual to you, most likely they have a hard time selling it. If its like shit effect and a good hat, I would not take it(Unless they are qsing like 40% off or 50% off the normal price, but even then.. you gonna be the judge and see whether that unusual is shit or not). But if its like a good effect(1st gen) but probably a bad hat, I will take the quicksell(30% off normal price at least, unless the unusual worth below 20 keys). Cuz normally 1st gen is easier to sell compared to shit gens with good hat. I have cashed out like 100~ keys now, still cashing out my remaining :D GL in trading, friend. 

P.s: Not a pro advising you but thats what I wanna say to you in order for u to make profit.

Buy 1000 keys.

Start with trading low tiers. Like unusuals worth less than 20 keys and with a good effect. Don't touch robo hats mostly. Dupes don't matter on that price range, but still - try getting a clean one.

If someone is trynna quicksell an unusual to you, most likely they have a hard time selling it. If its like shit effect and a good hat, I would not take it(Unless they are qsing like 40% off or 50% off the normal price, but even then.. you gonna be the judge and see whether that unusual is shit or not). But if its like a good effect(1st gen) but probably a bad hat, I will take the quicksell(30% off normal price at least, unless the unusual worth below 20 keys). Cuz normally 1st gen is easier to sell compared to shit gens with good hat. I have cashed out like 100~ keys now, still cashing out my remaining :D GL in trading, friend. 

P.s: Not a pro advising you but thats what I wanna say to you in order for u to make profit.

It normally works the other way around for me. Great hats with bad effects (like a bliz storm ke or something) appear to sell really easy while terrible hats with good effects sell really slow (unless it's under like 50 keys) 

I believe that we have to classify 1st Gens. I have C. Peace Sign robo hat which is not sold for 2 weeks.

​Like that:

1. ​Burning Flames
  2. ​Scorching Flames
  3. ​Sunbeams
  4. ​Purple Energy
  5. ​Green Energy
  6. ​Haunted Ghosts
  7. ​Vivid Plasma
  8. ​Searing Plasma
  9. ​Circling Heart
  10. ​Circling TF Logo

Controversial Ones:

• ​Purple Confetti
  • ​Green Confetti
  • ​Circling Peace Sign
  • ​Massed Flies​​​​

What about Halloween effects? I like them actually. Darkblaze, Hellfire, Spellbound, Stormy 13th Hour, Poisoned Shadows..

Also EOTL effects: Frostbite, Morning Glory.

Are they hard to sell?

I believe that we have to classify 1st Gens too. I have C. Peace Sign robo hat which is not sold for 2 weeks.

​Like that:

• ​Burning Flames
  • ​Scorching Flames
  • ​Sunbeams
  • ​Purple Energy
  • ​Green Energy
  • ​Haunted Ghosts
  • ​Vivid Plasma
  • ​Searing Plasma
  • ​Circling Heart
  • ​Circling TF Logo
Controversial Ones:
  • ​Purple Confetti
  • ​Green Confetti
  • ​Circling Peace Sign
  • ​Massed Flies​​​​
What about Halloween effects? I like them actually.

Darkblaze, Hellfire, Spellbound, Stormy 13th Hour, Poisoned Shadows..

Also EOTL effects: Frostbite, Morning Glory. Are they hard to sell?

Robot hats are very undesirable due to reasons. I have a morning glory armored authority and have gotten like 5 offers in the past week. Not anything solid enough for me to take but for sure there is interest. It's a decent soldier Unusual so that might have contributed to the interest.

The easiest way to know which unusuals to buy is to buy unusuals you would want to personally own. I've sold multiple unusuals for far over bp.tf price because it was an unusual I wanted, and when I ended up selling it; other people wanted it, too.

• Like 2

The easiest way to know which unusuals to buy is to buy unusuals you would want to personally own. I've sold multiple unusuals for far over bp.tf price because it was an unusual I wanted, and when I ended up selling it; other people wanted it, too.

Yep, thats what I did aswell.

Also its less annoying if a hat you like doesn't sell fast ^^

It's all about understanding the true value of the hats. Quickbuying is just the start on the business journey, item overpay is the sustainable way to make profit.

I aim in quickbuying stuff whenever I have 500+ keys, and the next day I don't have pure anymore. Good deals are here, but no one ever said it will only take 2 days to resell. ^^

• Like 2

​​That's what I was doing for a year :) I bought any hat what I wanted and didn't mind for waiting but like I said my goal is reaching up to 1K BP. And this method takes long time.

It's all about understanding the true value of the hats. Quickbuying is just the start on the business journey, item overpay is the sustainable way to make profit.

I aim in quickbuying stuff whenever I have 500+ keys, and the next day I don't have pure anymore. Good deals are here, but no one ever said it will only take 2 days to resell. ^^

​I see. So, What are the "Item Overpay" rules? Which ones you should take and which ones you shouldn't? Are you taking aussies as pure? What about other stuff? Collectors, Unusual taunts & weapons, Max's head etc..

Are you taking them from bp.tf price?

Basically, try to avoid unpriced unusuals (unless they are super cool halloween ones), ask for 10-15% overpay (do NOT ask for 25-30% overpay, unless you are absolutelt certain your hat is super desirable and easy to sell for pure, like HKC's or prehistoric pullovers)

I am taking aussies as pure, but the value I take is the lowest seller on classifieds, certainly not the market price. Unusual taunts are super cool, unusual weapons, not so much, try to avoid them. Any non-unusual item, except shits like low crafts or oddities, are closer to pure than unusuals, so accepting them is a good idea.

Downgrading is better than upgrading, so you might want to almost not ask for overpay if the offer consists of a good downgrade / non-unusual items.

Unless you're buying very high-value items very low you'll need to make lots of trades.

You can probably think of profit in terms of how much you spend. The more you spend, the more you make. If you average 25% profit per purchase you'd need to spend 4000 keys to make 1000 keys. Flipping many Unusuals is probably the most reliable way of building value, but this only works if you have the resources. To put a figure in mind, I went through around 300 Unusuals just last month.

It can take patience to sell items. On average I own a hat for 2 weeks and get what I wanted out of the hat or more. Sometimes hats sell in 1-2 days, but that's usually rare for me. I'm patient with selling most of my hats so I can't give much advice to sell hats quicker other than listing them for cheaper.

You'll have more success buying items if you can pay a reasonable price, around 0-30% off backpack.tf price, but just be aware of what each item you buy can easily sell for. Knowledge of item values mostly comes from experience. backpack.tf prices can be used as a guideline, as well as setting a minimum value of what an item would sell for. You can generally sell any item for 30-40% off backpack.tf price no matter how bad (overpriced, undesirable) the item is, so you could use 30-40% off as the minimum value. This is generally what scrap.tf pays for Unusuals. If there are buyers that pay more than that, you can use that as the minimum value. If you buy below this value, you are pretty much guaranteed profit.

The Peace Firewall (priced at 26 keys) you have is valued above its non-robo counterpart, the Peace Brigade (priced at 20 keys). I usually would not value the robo version of a hat above the non-robo version. The Firewall should realistically be worth around 16 keys.

As far as effects go, you can sell anything. Most traders have their own personal preference, though less desirable effects are not as easy to sell. You can look at the effect composition in the scrap.tf Unusual bot as a good indicator of effects people don't want to buy.

Most importantly, trading is very diverse and has tons of possibilities for making profit. You can come up with your own ways or just look at what other traders are doing.

1. Bump your trades as often as possible.

2. NEVER do C/Os. If an offer is good take it

3. Don't go with stereotypes, pretty much every effect except for flies is desirable. Robo effects are much easier to sell thank you think

4. Robo hats are not cancer

5. Every single gen of effects is desirable in its own way, just because it's not 1st gen doesn't make it a hard sell

6. You need more than just one or two small unusuals if you want to go up the trading ranks fast

7. Always accept adds. Not only trade offers. You never know what someone could offer.

Those are just some of my tips

Edit: I don't kno how to speel

• Like 2

Unless you're buying very high-value items very low you'll need to make lots of trades.

You can probably think of profit in terms of how much you spend. The more you spend, the more you make. If you average 25% profit per purchase you'd need to spend 4000 keys to make 1000 keys. Flipping many Unusuals is probably the most reliable way of building value, but this only works if you have the resources. To put a figure in mind, I went through around 300 Unusuals just last month.

It can take patience to sell items. On average I own a hat for 2 weeks and get what I wanted out of the hat or more. Sometimes hats sell in 1-2 days, but that's usually rare for me. I'm patient with selling most of my hats so I can't give much advice to sell hats quicker other than listing them for cheaper.

You'll have more success buying items if you can pay a reasonable price, around 0-30% off backpack.tf price, but just be aware of what each item you buy can easily sell for. Knowledge of item values mostly comes from experience. backpack.tf prices can be used as a guideline, as well as setting a minimum value of what an item would sell for. You can generally sell any item for 30-40% off backpack.tf price no matter how bad (overpriced, undesirable) the item is, so you could use 30-40% off as the minimum value. This is generally what scrap.tf pays for Unusuals. If there are buyers that pay more than that, you can use that as the minimum value. If you buy below this value, you are pretty much guaranteed profit.

The Peace Firewall (priced at 26 keys) you have is valued above its non-robo counterpart, the Peace Brigade (priced at 20 keys). I usually would not value the robo version of a hat above the non-robo version. The Firewall should realistically be worth around 16 keys.

As far as effects go, you can sell anything. Most traders have their own personal preference, though less desirable effects are not as easy to sell. You can look at the effect composition in the scrap.tf Unusual bot as a good indicator of effects people don't want to buy.

Most importantly, trading is very diverse and has tons of possibilities for making profit. You can come up with your own ways or just look at what other traders are doing.

Well, thank you for this thought out answer.

For example, How much would you pay for PE Dead Cone (outdated) as pure? I bought it from scrap.tf for 21 keys pure even bp.tf price is 23-25 keys and sold for 26 keys pure. Was this purchase a mistake or what?

Also there's another issue about buying most desirable hats and effects, which is they have plenty buy orders. Like PE DC: 20, 19, 18, 16.. So, range is too close to bp.tf price. If you want to buy that unusual, What would you do and How much would you pay for it?

Also thank you for the scrap.tf advice, I didn't look that way to this subject.

If you want a general price on your unusual. See what it has sold for in the past. You can get a good indication usually by looking at the suggestion as long as the suggestion is updated.

More pure sales can been a good indication that a hat is pretty good.

Another good way I find is to look at outpost and backpack.tf for sellers and looking at the offers they get.

Learning to check sales using the backpack.tf compare function is also useful too.

• Like 2

​Thanks Lila Mond,

I'm already using the compare function. Yes, it gives me an idea. And right now I learned that how to determine an item's value. Check seller's all of removed item history and compare with buyer's backpack.

​

you can make some pretty good profit off scrap.tf. it's rare to find good deals, as it's mostly cluttered with random crap that nobody likes. hats I would like to call, in the scrap cycle. it's like the twilight zone... but with hats. check the history of the hat you wanna buy off scrap. has it gone through scrap often? if it shows one or two (or more) people buying off scrap, then several days later selling it back, it's obvious that nobody wanted it, and they'd rather take the 2-5 key loss than put up with months of trying to get full pure for it. a lot of the time you'll find fresh unboxes or unusuals with really short histories, that people sell to scrap for easy pure.

also scrap goes off by a percentage. it generally varies between 20-30% off. the more you have to pay for an unusual on scrap means a much higher profit margin. spend 50 keys and get a 75 key hat, etc. get up to 150 keys and boom, you have almost 100+ key profit margin.

just make sure to look over history well, amount of sellers/buyers, and how recent the suggestions are. I'm sure you'll find one that fits the bill ( I have definitely seen many of those "perfect" buys off scrap.tf. oh how I wish I was rich )

oh as for your PE Dead Cone, tbh you have a great effect on a semi-decent hat. if you want better luck selling low tiers, go to Skial. there's kids that would eat that shit up yo

worst case scenario, you can either sell to break even, or lose a key or two. still a better scenario than getting stuck with a dead sell for months on end

oh, and major tip. always accept aussies as pure. you wouldn't believe how that changed my trading game

• 2 weeks later...

How can it be possible, such as $150K bp in 2 years? This is insane.

Looks like he migrate his items to this account or gifted from somewhere or I am seeing that way because his bp is private.

But I still don't understand that. Or Am I so out of trade skill to understand?

How can it be possible, such as $150K bp in 2 years? This is insane.

Looks like he migrate his items to this account or gifted from somewhere or I am seeing that way because his bp is private.

But I still don't understand that. Or Am I so out of trade skill to understand?

Darth Chicken Gaming? My understanding is that they just brought the items with cash.