Unboxed a Director's Vision Unusualifier...

CremeSavers

Hi, I unboxed an unusualifier today for the director's vision which is untradeable. the unusualifier itself would be untradeable until next week. I put it on the taunt, however, the "untradeable until" was not there. i was looking to sell it, but the gift wrap would not wrap it...  so i was wondering if it's because the unusualifier is technically untradeable still or if you cant gift the director's vision...forgive me if i seem like an idiot and it's obvious...

The Director's Vision is normally always untradeable so, applying an unusualifier onto it, tradable then or later, will still make an untradeable Director's Vision.

The only way you would be able to sell / trade it would be either selling the unusualifier (you can't now, since you've used it) or gifting the Unusual Director's Vision with the effect applied on it, which you can't do either ever since gifting was discontinued after the implementation of escrow.

I'd say your profile picture would answer this perfectly.

Honestly though, directors visions once unusualified can never be sold. so you can never sell it now.

gift wrap can't be used on untradeable items, it's been like that for quite a while now.... I'm talking months....

• Like 2

I have added unusualifers to none tradeable taunts but you can still market them, just not trade them. Example i have applied an unsualifier to a non tradeable meet the medic yet i can list it on the market fine... I guess it will all depend if directors vision has the Not Marketable tag as that will override the default ability to sell unusuals on the SCM

In response to this:

I have added unusualifers to none tradeable taunts but you can still market them, just not trade them. Example i have applied an unsualifier to a non tradeable meet the medic yet i can list it on the market fine... I guess it will all depend if directors vision has the Not Marketable tag as that will override the default ability to sell unusuals on the SCM

As the director's vision is an achievement item, it cant be listed on the market, regardless of quality.

Same with items like a strange gibus from the strangifiers a few years ago. Despite being strange, cant be put on the SCM

What a shame. I'm okay with keeping it dince it was my first unusual. I got me a Batman loadout, friend's are jealous, and I've gotten quite a few compliments! I just feel so sorry for the guy that wanted to buy the taunt... my heart tells me its only right if I give him keys for his offer...but id rather not spend more money on virtual items. I just feel so bad for him. :( still a neat effect though.