bestbot update

The Waffler

So as many probably know, bestbot scammed many people (including me) a little while back. In an attempt to track my scammed items, this is what I found.

1. First, I checked the history of one of my scammed unusuals. As you can see, bestbot (note: he changed his name to "QS> ALL INV (50-80% off) FAST" when he went scammer) is in the history right after me, and right before a marketplace.tf bot.

post-27344-0-59949100-1477145525_thumb.png

2. After checking on marketplace.tf I found my burning flames dead cone being sold (I can't attach any more photos because it says the file is too large)

3. Oddly enough, it said the seller was Versl SendMe[⇄] S>130+

4. I clicked on the name under "seller" on the page and it took my to Versl SendMe[⇄] S>130+'s Shop where it showed all of the items he was selling, including but not limited to, sunbeams chill chullo, death by disco duck billed hatypus, scorching flames modest metal pile of scrap, purple energy allbrero, misty skull el jefe, misty skull allbrero, purple energy modest pile of hat, sunbeams hat of cards, +31 other unusuals.

(Side note: I personally don't believe that this is the real Versl SendMe[⇄] S>130+, because he has no link to marketplace.tf on his profile and in the item history the last owner before the marketplace bot was bestbot)

5. I looked through the history of these unusuals, and they all had the same last two owners, a marketplace.tf bot and bestbot.

CONCLUSION

From what I've seen, I believe that bestbot is attempting to sell his scammed unusuals (which of course is not allowed since he is marked as a scammer on steam rep), via marketplace for real cash. But this also brings up the question: Since marketplace.tf bots are technically trading with him, and in turn making money from the tax for selling items through the site, aren't they just a fence for stolen items?

*also, the unusuals being sold on marketplace have a pretty big discount, which is doubly surprising considering marketplace takes a big cut of the money one it's sold, implying that someone wants to get rid of them quickly. More specifically, someone named QS> ALL INV (50-80% off) FAST

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, an idiot, or has any questions, feel free to say so

*Also, weird idea but since the unusuals bestbot scammed are not in his possession anymore, can't they technically be returned?

Report the issue to Geel. Maybe he can withhold the unusuals on sale by that account and give it back to their rightful owners with evidence of that Versi impersonation as to sell those hats on Marketplace.tf.

He'll have to do something like that, otherwise, you can report the Marketplace.tf bots for trading with Bestbot and for the allowance of that account as to sell a good for another person as to help Bestbot profit through cashing out.

geel doesn't really care

Edit: he might idk, I've seen people using marketplace.tf in the past to launder scammed items and nothings ever been done

i think versl can be bestbot alt because (i'm not sure) bestbot bp is worth like 8000 keys even in -50 % quicksell is 4000 keys is like 7000 $ not many people have that much in pure also why bestbot sell 98 % of his items to him why not to many trader and only to versl

also if we check versl have really same trading strategy with austramuim quickselll etc also best bot is always banned on outpost and versl isn't so for bestbot versl account can be a better account

and marketplace is just a thing to move items on his alt without get banned and resell it for full price and made profit

i think versl can be bestbot alt because (i'm not sure) bestbot bp is worth like 8000 keys even in -50 % quicksell is 4000 keys is like 7000 $ not many people have that much in pure also why bestbot sell 98 % of his items to him why not to many trader and only to versl

also if we check versl have really same trading strategy with austramuim quickselll etc also best bot is always banned on outpost and versl isn't so for bestbot versl account can be a better account

and marketplace is just a thing to move items on his alt without get banned and resell it for full price and made profit

That's what I thought but versl isn't on the item histories, and doesn't have a link to his marketplace.tf shop like most sellers do

CONCLUSION

From what I've seen, I believe that bestbot is attempting to sell his scammed unusuals (which of course is not allowed since he is marked as a scammer on steam rep), via marketplace for real cash. But this also brings up the question: Since marketplace.tf bots are technically trading with him, and in turn making money from the tax for selling items through the site, aren't they just a fence for stolen items?

Only thing i don't understated how he have money because 24 hours delay for get money, so sell on marketplace is not really safe because when you sell your items you must wait a cooldown before get money on your paypal account like 24 hours time to be banned and lose money

EXTRA NOTE** another one of my scammed unusuals was a KAW team captain and again checking the history, the guy bestbot sold it to was someone who had offered a really lowball offer for it in the past. He just recently changed his name now and is apparently unfriending people. But, it seems like he traded for the team captain before bestbot went scammer. Anyways here's the profile > http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSaiyanBlueBeard/

I can confirm that the user with the shop "versl" on marketplace.tf is this user:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/theversal/

that said, no matter what, we're not allowed to "steal back" people's items. You can't scam a scammer, and frankly, I don't believe this person is a scammer in the first place. The most we'd be able to do is prevent them from selling the items on marketplace.tf

I can confirm that the user with the shop "versl" on marketplace.tf is this user:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/theversal/

that said, no matter what, we're not allowed to "steal back" people's items. You can't scam a scammer, and frankly, I don't believe this person is a scammer in the first place. The most we'd be able to do is prevent them from selling the items on marketplace.tf

Alright, thank you