My suggestion was force closed for no reason

Aaron (Mr. Smee)

Thank you for bringing this up. This proves my point. It would appear that there are more than one abusive moderators on this site.

For a website that people depend on being reliable, it would appear that some of the men in charge are corrupt. There needs to be some major changes. 

There's a difference between biased voters and abusive moderators. Get over it.

Also, just to say.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/528810044cd7b884598b4569

Roller had a whopping 0 out of 6 valid links. Yet he was upvoted because people never check proof and simply blind upvote blue belts. Hence, Bucket's comment.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for bringing this up. This proves my point. It would appear that there are more than one abusive moderators on this site.

For a website that people depend on being reliable, it would appear that some of the men in charge are corrupt. There needs to be some major changes. 

LOL YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME

Look buddy, voting accuracy DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL IN ANY SITUATION.

What matters is your proof. Your proof in this case, was not good, which is the reason why your bad suggestion was taken down.

I never said it was a democracy. 

It's closer to a republic anyway, but not the point. The point is that we have voting to let the community decide what is the right thing to do. If 413 people say that a Strange GL is 1 key, then by god, I will make sure that it is that price. I'm not going to let one man, who couldn't even find a reason to why it was an inappropriate suggestion in a timely fashion, stop me. 

I was always told that if you had to really think hard about it, you were probably lying. 

Voting means nothing. Truly, it means nothing. A suggestion can have 100% downvotes and pass. Stop trying to think otherwise. If you really want, we can try to get Brad, the owner of this site, to come in here and tell you that you are wrong and that polar bear was right. Would you like that?

Bullshit.

BPB (and kodorin) posted reasons of why your price suggestion was inaccurate with proof that was valid (unlike most of yours), stop whining about it.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52a679284dd7b85c778b4569

236 people said the rescue ranger was 0.9-1 keys. Yet it was closed because my suggestion was actually inaccurate, and I admit it. No need to make a fuss about it.

1. Call as much bullshit as you want. You have not stated anything with any reputable facts.

2. There's a big difference between a near 50-50 percent difference and an 85% to 15% difference. Don't overlook the important details. 

*facepalm*

I never admit to anything, especially to being wrong. I was right. 413 people will stand by me on that. 69 people disagree. Case closed. 

Blind Polar Bear already showed you proof that the majority of people who vote never even look at the proof, they just assume the suggestion is right if its going in the right direction. The Strange Grenade Launcher is invariably going to go down, therefore, anyone who sees a suggestion to lower its price will automatically assume its correct. 

How about the 85% of votes Polar Bear had on his suggestion for the WRONG hat. The proof wasn't even for the same hat, yet the majority of the votes were still up votes. You still want to trust the voting system 100%? Seriously?

1. Call as much bullshit as you want. You have not stated anything with any reputable facts.

Perhaps you missed

5O0rS.png

5O0uy.png

and

5O0vQ.png

There you go. Bullshit proven.

2. There's a big difference between a near 50-50 percent difference and an 85% to 15% difference. Don't overlook the important details. 

It still won't matter. 85% people upvoted you out of which perhaps 10-20% actually looked at proof.

Now if you excuse me I'm out. I don't like dealing with assholes who won't listen and believe they're always right.

Voting means nothing. Truly, it means nothing. A suggestion can have 100% downvotes and pass. Stop trying to think otherwise. If you really want, we can try to get Brad, the owner of this site, to come in here and tell you that you are wrong and that polar bear was right. Would you like that?

Comment of the year.

There's a difference between backpack.tf and other certain spreadsheets. *cough cough*

I'll let you guess what it is. (it's not just the name)

Comment of the year.

There's a difference between backpack.tf and other certain spreadsheets. *cough cough*

I'll let you guess what it is. (it's not just the name)

Indeed it is the comment of the year.

Before you say it's a manipulating site, it's not (unlike trade empire and other shit, which is fully controlled by a single person -a marked scammer- without reporting the reason of the price changes). Just because mods have full power that doesn't mean they abuse of it. The site is meant to be as transparent and reliable as possible. Otherwise you'd see everyday prices being modified with alts and such, which does not happen.

Stop being butthurt and accept you were wrong, all you are showing is your childish and unbearable attitude.

Indeed it is the comment of the year.

Before you say it's a manipulating site, it's not (unlike trade empire and other shit, which is fully controlled by a single person -a marked scammer- without reporting the reason of the price changes). Just because mods have full power that doesn't mean they abuse of it. The site is meant to be as transparent and reliable as possible. Otherwise you'd see everyday prices being modified with alts and such, which does not happen.

Stop being butthurt and accept you were wrong, all you are showing is your childish and unbearable attitude.

PREACHHHH SISTER

Perhaps you missed

5O0rS.png

5O0uy.png

and

5O0vQ.png

There you go. Bullshit proven.

It still won't matter. 85% people upvoted you out of which perhaps 10-20% actually looked at proof.

Now if you excuse me I'm out. I don't like dealing with assholes who won't listen and believe they're always right.

1. You have overlooked an important detail: he did not bring any of the aforementioned trades to the table. He was working off of no evidence. Any evidence brought to the table afterwords is counted as double jeopardy. The trial (price voting in this case) was correct because he couldn't prove it wrong. Thus, it had to pass or else he was acting tyrannical and unbecoming of a moderator.

Could the court system call OJ Simpson guilty without any evidence to support that at the trial, and then use the evidence they found afterwards to justify their actions? No. That's not how it works. This is the philosophy that should be used at backpack.tf. Is it morally right? No, but it is fair and balanced. I didn't work my ass off looking for evidence just to be shot down by one guy who said no for the sake of saying no. 

2. You have no idea how many people looked at the evidence. Assuming that 10-20% shows how much of an argument you don't have to make. So long as I can back up my claims and you cant, I will be correct. 

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to re-suggest that price. I don't like dealing with bigots who need to feel that they're right by putting others down. 

2. You have no idea how many people looked at the evidence. Assuming that 10-20% shows how much of an argument you don't have to make. So long as I can back up my claims and you cant, I will be correct. 

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to re-suggest that price. I don't like dealing with bigots who need to feel that they're right by putting others down. 

The fact that Polar Bear accidentally posted a suggestion with plenty of proof for the wrong hat and still got 83% of the vote shows that the vast majority of people don't actually look at the proof. No why don't you get your head out of your ass and actually read what it is that people write. 

The fact that Polar Bear accidentally posted a suggestion with plenty of proof for the wrong hat and still got 83% of the vote shows that the vast majority of people don't actually look at the proof. No why don't you get your head out of your ass and actually read what it is that people write. 

It's been said time and time again that this website just makes suggestions on prices. The community votes, and should get the final say. Regardless of if it passes or not. It's not like youtube where there's a thumbup or thumbsdown button, and they're just there to see how many did one or the other. the negative votes DO impact the percentages, and those SHOULD be what determines the price. If people want to stay ignorant, and vote blindly, you should let them, and let that go through. After all, isn't that how keys got to be 6 refined? If people in vast numbers care enough about the price to look and do the research themselves, they can vote something down. If that's not enough, you can respond to his suggestion. And guess what: People DO look at the responses. If the people want to vote for some reason or another, you should let their vote be that way. I understand that it "makes sense" for a mod to be able to do stupid things like close down something that's that positive, but put a cap on it for deity's sake. How about you change it so that mods can close something that's above 90% positive, because that works. the only way it can be brought down below that (which in this scenario, it was) would be if there is a reasonable amount of people downvoting it. It should be the say of the community.

Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, December 18, 2013 - Insult
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, December 18, 2013 - Insult

oh god, if this kid isn't a troll, he's a fucking retard....

You guys remind me of this for some obvious reason. I think you'd know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir9LhF01KtA

You're right, this is a load of barnacles. You're butthurt that your suggestion got rejected. Rather than crying about it, go find more proof and make a new suggestion. Hell, as time passes your suggestion is just more and more likely to be right since they are still dropping. 

1. You have overlooked an important detail: he did not bring any of the aforementioned trades to the table. He was working off of no evidence. Any evidence brought to the table afterwords is counted as double jeopardy. The trial (price voting in this case) was correct because he couldn't prove it wrong. Thus, it had to pass or else he was acting tyrannical and unbecoming of a moderator.

Could the court system call OJ Simpson guilty without any evidence to support that at the trial, and then use the evidence they found afterwards to justify their actions? No. That's not how it works. This is the philosophy that should be used at backpack.tf. Is it morally right? No, but it is fair and balanced. I didn't work my ass off looking for evidence just to be shot down by one guy who said no for the sake of saying no. 

This isn't a court room. All we care about is establishing an accurate range to represent the market both for buyers and sellers. If you disagree with my (or any mods) decision, you can always make a new suggestion for 1 key flat and another moderator will evaluate it independently. 

I don't understand what your problem with the proof was. I literally just copied and pasted "unsolds" from the previous suggestion that passed one day prior and combined it with your own proof of successful sellers at 1 key + 1 ref. I saw that even the three links you yourself provided at 1.2 keys sold incredibly quickly and that almost all your 1 key links went instantly. I don't have time to provide a full set of counterproof for every single one of the 1000+ suggestions I assess every month. That was enough for me. I added this additional proof to emphasize my point about 1.2 keys being possible. 

Again, sometimes mods make mistakes. If you truly believe a mistake was made, you are welcome to make a new suggestion. 

Now, for some moderation on this thread. Enough with the name calling. People are entitled to their opinions. Not everyone is aware of how the website truly functions. Most of you in the forums have been around long enough. Please use your knowledge base constructively rather than being hostile towards outsiders - it only reinforces certain perceptions. 

Archived