My suggestion was force closed for no reason

Aaron (Mr. Smee)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your suggestion was closed, it's because a very experienced trader decided it did not accurately represent the state of the item at that point in time.

What you shouldn't do is get butthurt and complain.

What you should do is figure out how you can make the suggestion better and probably wait until the price is appropriate.

Thats what I have been thinking this entire time. He thinks he knows how to use this site more than blue belts and mods

You judge my knowledge on what rank I'm given by the website rather than my facts and reasoning. If that's the philosophy, then how did Ronald Reagan become president? He was an actor and people agreed with him.

Such conservatism is comparable to ignorance. 

If your suggestion was closed, it's because a very experienced trader decided it did not accurately represent the state of the item at that point in time.

What you shouldn't do is get butthurt and complain.

What you should do is figure out how you can make the suggestion better and probably wait until the price is appropriate.

My suggestion was appropriate. The moderator is question is abusing his power. He doesn't want it to change because it isn't on his agenda. Don't know why he cares but...

You judge my knowledge on what rank I'm given by the website rather than my facts and reasoning. If that's the philosophy, then how did Ronald Reagan become president? He was an actor and people agreed with him.

The fact of the matter is that you suggestion has been proven wrong. Blind Polar Bear and others have showed you quite a bit of proof showing this but you refuse to accept it. The thing to do now is to look at your suggestion, look why it was closed and learn from it so you can make a better suggestion next time. My first suggestion was closed as well but rather than coming to the forums and complaining, I accepted it and looked what I could do better next time.

My suggestion was appropriate. The moderator is question is abusing his power. He doesn't want it to change because it isn't on his agenda. Don't know why he cares but...

he doesn't care, the suggestion was wrong. 

Except the key difference between Ronald Reagan and you is that you're wrong and we're right. Seriously, stop being stubborn and admit that your price suggestion was inaccurate.

He's slinging god tiers around and you think he cares about a ref difference for his "agenda"?

Honestly, just deal with it. If you think it's unfair, you're entitled to that, but the fact of the matter remains - your suggestion was wrong for the time, and it was closed for a reason.

Well at least you've given me the best laugh in weeks here, you're hilarious and much better than the great below "lel doge I ez trole" idiots. Thanks for cheering me up after a rough week.

Well at least you've given me the best laugh in weeks here, you're hilarious and much better than the great below "lel doge I ez trole" Underscore. Thanks for cheering me up after a rough week.

*Fixed

Except the key difference between Ronald Reagan and you is that you're wrong and we're right. Seriously, stop being stubborn and admit that your price suggestion was inaccurate.

Nobody is perfect, but that statement is the epitome of ignorance. 

Nobody is perfect, but that statement is the epitome of ignorance. 

So admitting you are wrong is ignorance? Let's just end this like this. Polar bear was correct. You were wrong. No amount of whining on your end is going to change that. Your suggestion will not be re-opened and Polar Bear will face no repercussions. The only person that may face repercussions is yourself if you do not move on.

He's slinging god tiers around and you think he cares about a ref difference for his "agenda"?

Honestly, just deal with it. If you think it's unfair, you're entitled to that, but the fact of the matter remains - your suggestion was wrong for the time, and it was closed for a reason.

It wasn't wrong for the time. Only 69 people down voted it while 413 people up voted it. I was certified right by the people. One user believed he was better than all of us and closed the suggestion. That oppression will not be tolerated. Power is derived from the consent of the governed, and in this case, the consent of the people who are effected by price changes. No one moderator is allowed to change things to his whim because he feels like it. He is an enforcer of justice and truthfulness, ie a policeman, not a king of the website.

I will report him to his superiors and I will re-suggest my price. Bottom line.

So admitting you are wrong is ignorance? Let's just end this like this. Polar bear was correct. You were wrong. No amount of whining on your end is going to change that. Your suggestion will not be re-opened and Polar Bear will face no repercussions. The only person that may face repercussions is yourself if you do not move on.

*facepalm*

I never admit to anything, especially to being wrong. I was right. 413 people will stand by me on that. 69 people disagree. Case closed. 

BP.TF is not a democracy like many people seem to think. It is entirely up to the mods whether or not to accept or reject the suggestion based on their own findings in the market. If this were a democracy, keys would be getting lower every day and unusuals would have insane prices.

It wasn't wrong for the time. Only 69 people down voted it while 413 people up voted it. I was certified right by the people. One user believed he was better than all of us and closed the suggestion. That oppression will not be tolerated. Power is derived from the consent of the governed, and in this case, the consent of the people who are effected by price changes. No one moderator is allowed to change things to his whim because he feels like it. He is an enforcer of justice and truthfulness, ie a policeman, not a king of the website.

I will report him to his superiors and I will re-suggest my price. Bottom line.

That one user is smarter than those 413 because he understood a simple concept: that 1 key is a quicksell and 1.2 keys is still possible. 

I'd love to see you report his superior and see your and their reaction.

*facepalm*

I never admit to anything, especially to being wrong. I was right. 413 people will stand by me on that. 69 people disagree. Case closed. 

I guess you'll never learn

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/4097-price-suggestions/

BTW, most people vote biasedly and blindly on any suggestion, those 413 you got was just because of the red arrow. Historically people upvote suggestions lowering prices whereas suggestions increasing prices get downvoted.

Also, what you're doing is ridiculous, redoing your suggestion will just get it closed again, bpb has the power of closing it and he's doing it rightfully, you're just being one inmature kid who doesn't want to learn.

*facepalm*

No one gives two shits about voting accuracy

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/528010f94dd7b81a028b4571

1206 agree, 845 disagree and it still passed

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/528810044cd7b884598b4569

99.07%, 106 people agree, 1 disagree, AND IT GOT CLOSED

Get over yourself

BP.TF is not a democracy like many people seem to think. It is entirely up to the mods whether or not to accept or reject the suggestion based on their own findings in the market. If this were a democracy, keys would be getting lower every day and unusuals would have insane prices.

I never said it was a democracy. 

It's closer to a republic anyway, but not the point. The point is that we have voting to let the community decide what is the right thing to do. If 413 people say that a Strange GL is 1 key, then by god, I will make sure that it is that price. I'm not going to let one man, who couldn't even find a reason to why it was an inappropriate suggestion in a timely fashion, stop me. 

I was always told that if you had to really think hard about it, you were probably lying. 

I'm not going to let one man, who couldn't even find a reason to why it was an inappropriate suggestion in a timely fashion, stop me. 

Bullshit.

BPB (and kodorin) posted reasons of why your price suggestion was inaccurate with proof that was valid (unlike most of yours), stop whining about it.

If 413 people say that a Strange GL is 1 key, then by god, I will make sure that it is that price.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52a679284dd7b85c778b4569

236 people said the rescue ranger was 0.9-1 keys. Yet it was closed because my suggestion was actually inaccurate, and I admit it. No need to make a fuss about it.

No one gives two shits about voting accuracy

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/528010f94dd7b81a028b4571

1206 agree, 845 disagree and it still passed

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/528810044cd7b884598b4569

99.07%, 106 people agree, 1 disagree, AND IT GOT CLOSED

Get over yourself

Thank you for bringing this up. This proves my point. It would appear that there are more than one abusive moderators on this site.

For a website that people depend on being reliable, it would appear that some of the men in charge are corrupt. There needs to be some major changes. 

Archived