This is getting blatant...

Grimes

Because he owns 132 of them, he knows the market better than most. Just because you own a lot of things, doesnt mean that its price manipulation. Look at Hatch. He owns more keys than you would ever believe and its because of that that he knows the key market and can make a good key suggestion.

When did this become ok? like I said, he has a history of price manipulation. He clearly has ulterior motives other than simply trying to raise a price.

This system is just wrong.

He is probably the reason why it's rising, that guy was buying out all the cheap ones and now controls a big part of the market. It's not price manipulation if he has valid proof to back up his claims.

Basically he is depleting the supply of that item whilst demand stays the same it's chasing fewer goods so naturally the price goes up.

It doesn't matter how good the proof is, this is clearly price manipulation.

Suggestion: http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52ab1bf34dd7b833228b456d

Question, are they selling for the suggested range....and not the current range? 

If so, then the suggestion is fine. 

Nowhere does it say you can't hoard an item to drive up its price. 

I'm aware he has proof, but shouldn't the fact that he is using bp.tf for his own gain be against the rules?

He is updating the price to reflect the current market. Again, it is not manipulation.

You guys wonder why people hate on bp.tf....

So you're saying that bp.tf should list a price even though it ALWAYS sells for more. Well, that makes perfect sense. 

Backpack.tf reflects the current market price. If they're selling for the suggested range, then the suggested range is correct. 

You guys wonder why people hate on bp.tf....

Dont think many people here "wonder" and most of the hate is mainly due to misunderstanding bp.tf

Fact is if you can sell for a higher range and there is valid proof to back it up there is no reason it shouldnt be accepted. If someone else made that suggestion no one would care but if someone who owned it ups the price it suddenly becomes manipulation.

I'm just saying you guys arn't helping the stereotype that is put on bp.tf

You're not helping the stereotype of the people who hate on bp.tf either. 

I'm not? What have a done wrong?

Accusing backpack.tf of manipulating prices when in-fact its users who have forced prices up and backpack.tf is just adjusting the price since the current price isn't possible anymore. 

Sooo, reasoned discussion isn't allowed anymore? mkkaayyyy

Firstly, its not reasoned as there is proof supporting the suggestion. 

Secondly, you're the one who brought up the fact that this "manipulation" is whats giving backpack.tf a bad name. 

By reasoned discussion I mean I came here thinking it was manipulation. I came to the forum's to see what you guy's thought. Obviously, you think differently. Suddenly "Im not helping the stereotype of the people who hate on bp.tf either." 

I'm just saying you guys arn't helping the stereotype that is put on bp.tf

You're not helping the stereotype of the people who hate on bp.tf either. 

By reasoned discussion I mean I came here thinking it was manipulation. I came to the forum's to see what you guy's thought. Obviously, you think differently. Suddenly "Im not helping the stereotype of the people who hate on bp.tf either." 

Because i totally wasn't responding to your comment or anything...

"this guy is an idiot"

Sorry if I don't live up to your high standards. Doesn't mean you can be rude about it.

Also, instead of just contributing nothing, and just saying I'm an idiot, you could at least tell me why so I don't make the same mistake again.

You came on here screaming price manipulation, we showed you it wasn't. Rather than accepting that, you kept screaming price manipulation and said that everyone hates bp.tf. Then you get mad when people talk back to you. This is why you were called an idiot

You came on here screaming price manipulation, we showed you it wasn't. Rather than accepting that, you kept screaming price manipulation and said that everyone hates bp.tf. Then you get mad when people talk back to you. This is why you were called an idiot

Screaming? Getting mad? I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Thanks for the hate guys....

Archived