Gambling Commission Could Force Valve to Shut Down Steam Trade API

Happysedits

Even if they close the API Bots could still act as the traders themselves. I really don't see shutting the API down solves anything. They would have to eliminate trading as a whole, which would significantly destroy skins value. 

Really all valve has to do is stop trading in the state of Washington therby compling with its rules and still churn out money. 

Or hell, Valve can move its company to Nevada and not have to deal with this at all.

Really all valve has to do is stop trading in the state of Washington therby compling with its rules and still churn out money. 

Or hell, Valve can move its company to Nevada and not have to deal with this at all.

I don't think Valve is getting out of it like that. While I don't think the Washington State Gambling Commission could easily take down a company like Valve, relocating probably isn't the answer. It would probably be seen as going out of their way to circumvent laws, and as active and willful enabling of underage gambling. Not only could that result in bad press, but it would also immediately put them in the crosshairs of the relevant authorities in whatever location they moved to.

Also, if you're trying to avoid being regulated, you'd want to move to (or ideally, start out) somewhere with fewer regulations so you can escape notice. The last thing you'd want to do is move to a place known for regulating the thing you're trying to get away with.

You have to remember, the issue here is not that Valve is connected with gambling, but that Valve is seen as enabling unregulated (and specifically underage) gambling, which no one is okay with. Sooner or later, they'll have to do something to at least appear to be no longer part of it.

no trade = no skins value = no a lot of money with steam market = no more opening cases. Anyways, i dont know what are going to happen.........