Price Unusuals in Keys?

Nietzsche

Given the relative volatility of buds I'm wondering if it's actually the case that all unusuals on the market have dropped in value by 30% since June and 10% since september. Given that unusual price checks are updated somewhat slowly and key prices hold relatively consistent in USD terms longer would it make more sense to displace the price of unusuals in terms of the key value at the time of a price-check? Or perhaps set a real value of hats at the time of price check and adjust for volatility in currencies? (So if buds decreased by 25% since the price check the hat's price in buds would increase by 25%).

I do these conversions on my end when making trades and find that they are somewhat more representative of the real market, but perhaps someone has a different perspective?

With every key suggestion that passes, it'll just lower unusuals. I think if you're going to base this argument largely on the USD issue with unusuals, then the course of action more appropriate would be to disconnect bud/key prices from having currency value ties that automatically effect unusual prices.

Also I do not believe pricing in keys is the right approach. I've seen plenty of sellers keep the same bud buyout with keys fluctuating from 16 keys to 20 keys and back down, and its been that way for even before that.

With every key suggestion that passes, it'll just lower unusuals. I think if you're going to base this argument largely on the USD issue with unusuals, then the course of action more appropriate would be to disconnect bud/key prices from having currency value ties that automatically effect unusual prices.

Also I do not believe pricing in keys is the right approach. I've seen plenty of sellers keep the same bud buyout with keys fluctuating from 16 keys to 20 keys and back down, and its been that way for even before that.

That's a fair point. It's  possible that unusuals are intrinsically tied to the price of buds / that the same thing that drives the price of buds down also drives down the price of unusuals (when demand for keys are high I wouldn't be surprised if the demand for unusuals was low). 

Archived