50cc bike takes long to stay running

JoXu ツ

When it's somewhat cold(winter mostly) my 50cc will start, and almost instantly turn off for like 10+ tries until staying on.

Is there a way to get the engine heated up faster ? Sometimes i have to start it like 50 times and it takes a lot of time ;_:

I'm sure you've already thought of this but store it somewhere a bit warmer. You seem to be from Finland, which gets really fucking cold in the winter so if your bike is outside or in an unheated garage that freezes your bike to death. I know some people that put their scooters in their hallways if it gets really cold here (although what we call really cold is probably tropical for Fins)

• Like 1

I'm sure you've already thought of this but store it somewhere a bit warmer. You seem to be from Finland, which gets really fucking cold in the winter so if your bike is outside or in an unheated garage that freezes your bike to death. I know some people that put their scooters in their hallways if it gets really cold here (although what we call really cold is probably tropical for Fins)

It's stored outside... i have thought of putting it inside my house, but there is alot of stairs and shit(also my mom doesn't want any dirt or anything inside). Thanks anyway!

How old is it?  If it's old enough it'll have choke valve you can access, which you can adjust to make more fuel get into the cylinder.

If not then you have to store it somewhere it's warmer. When it's cold, the gasoline is harder to burn, the oil is thicker and the battery doesn't like it either. When you start it, you need to keep the engine going (just give it some throttle), when the engine is hot enough it'll run smooth.

How old is it?  If it's old enough it'll have choke valve you can access, which you can adjust to make more fuel get into the cylinder.

If not then you have to store it somewhere it's warmer. When it's cold, the gasoline is harder to burn, the oil is thicker and the battery doesn't like it either. When you start it, you need to keep the engine going (just give it some throttle), when the engine is hot enough it'll run smooth.

It's like a 2012 i think. Yeah i can make it give more fuel but doesn't seem to help at all...

If i give it even a little throttle it will turn off right away.

It's like a 2012 i think. Yeah i can make it give more fuel but doesn't seem to help at all...

If i give it even a little throttle it will turn off right away.

Put it somewhere warmer then. Avoid putting it inside the house though, the gasoline will vaporize and you'll probably get a bit dizzy.

It sounds weird that it'll turn off right away when you give just the slightest bit of throttle. I guess it can't burn the fuel fast enough then.

Put it somewhere warmer then. Avoid putting it inside the house though, the gasoline will vaporize and you'll probably get a bit dizzy.

It sounds weird that it'll turn off right away when you give just the slightest bit of throttle. I guess it can't burn the fuel fast enough then.

I have nowhere else to put it than to my house and my family doesn't allow it there. So gotta use the bus the whole winter then... sigh.