cleverpun

Wait what, how do you do that? I did not

PS: Only happens on my computer after updating to Windows 8.1, my IPhone had no issues

Does the issue persist on both ethernet and wifi? 

And as always,....are you sure you're connected to the internet? Can you load pages in IE/chrome/other? 

Are you connecting via wifi or ethernet? 

What wifi/network card do you have? 

start>computer>right click>properties>device manager>network adapters

Are you connecting via wifi or ethernet?

What wifi/ethernet chip do you have?

start>computer>right click>properties>device manager>network adapters

Issue persists on the Wifi, I never had Ethernet and I never had it before this incident

I'm connected, the network settings tells me I'm connected Weird

I got Ralink RT3290 802.11 bgn Wi-FI Adapter

Issue persists on the Wifi, I never had Ethernet and I never had it before this incident

I'm connected, the network settings tells me I'm connected Weird

I got Ralink RT3290 802.11 bgn Wi-FI Adapter

Okay, but can you actually use the internet at all, does Internet explorer load web pages? 

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob_116957_1

I can't load any pages on Internet Explorer or Google Chrome

Friend told me that my driver's incompatible with Windows 8.1

thats what it sounds like 

try this http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Ralink/Wlan/Ralink-RT2860/Ralink-RT2860-series-Version-5.0.50.0-WHQL/

It's not explicitly for your chip, but it may work. 

Windows Modules Installer Worker.

God, do I hate this service. Basically, this service is supposed to check for updates and such. Sounds good, but in reality, shit won't update, and it makes shit run slow.

When it's running, my TF2 keeps stuttering, whilst when it's off, it runs smooth as a baby bum.

My updates haven't been working for like a year now, this being the result. No updates can be installed, so I usually terminate WMIW.

So is there anyone else having these issues? I'm using Windows 8, by the way (can't update to W8.1, because I can't install the essential updates).

Windows Modules Installer Worker.

God, do I hate this service. Basically, this service is supposed to check for updates and such. Sounds good, but in reality, shit won't update, and it makes shit run slow.

When it's running, my TF2 keeps stuttering, whilst when it's off, it runs smooth as a baby bum.

My updates haven't been working for like a year now, this being the result. No updates can be installed, so I usually terminate WMIW.

So is there anyone else having these issues? I'm using Windows 8, by the way (can't update to W8.1, because I can't install the essential updates).

I've never seen that on my computer... Mine is on Win 8.1

Did you buy or make that computer? If you bought it, it might have come with some annoying trial software that goes slow after a while.

If its a service, you can stop/disable it in services.msc (you can get there by pressing Windows-R then in the run box type in services.msc) 

There you might find Windows Modules Installer Worker and from there, disable it

I've never seen that on my computer... Mine is on Win 8.1

Did you buy or make that computer? If you bought it, it might have come with some annoying trial software that goes slow after a while.

If its a service, you can stop/disable it in services.msc (you can get there by pressing Windows-R then in the run box type in services.msc) 

There you might find Windows Modules Installer Worker and from there, disable it

I bought it, and no, there's not stupid crap trial software, I'm very sure of that.

Also, I don't want to stop the process, but get the update that fixes the problem (yes, there has been an update for it), though I can't install it, because WMIW is broken. So I'm basically stuck in a loop.

I bought it, and no, there's not stupid crap trial software, I'm very sure of that.

Also, I don't want to stop the process, but get the update that fixes the problem (yes, there has been an update for it), though I can't install it, because WMIW is broken. So I'm basically stuck in a loop.

Try running your computer in safe mode with networking and getting the updates that way?

Try running your computer in safe mode with networking and getting the updates that way?

How do you do that again? :P

Gonna check that out tomorrow.

How do you do that again? :P

Gonna check that out tomorrow.

While your computer is booting, SPAM the hell out of the F8 key until you see the advanced boot menu... From there you can select Safe Mode with Networking

While your computer is booting, SPAM the hell out of the F8 key until you see the advanced boot menu... From there you can select Safe Mode with Networking

I'll try that when Inget home, thanks for the help.

Thanks

All windows 8 computer should be fine when upgrading to windows 8.1 (I haven't seen any problems with it since i work in IT, only one which kept crashing when we put windows 10 technical preview on it)

I suggest taking it to a computer shop and asking them to re-install from a windows 8.1 Disk

Also its worth checking our devices in device manager, pop me a message if you don't know how to

• 8 months later...

I recently got Chris' Config to get better frames, but it's not really doing much. I average between 35 and 45 fps. I occasionally get around 60 fps for a few seconds but it never stays. 

My Specs:

AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 Accelerated Processor

8GB DDR3 system memory

2TB hard drive

AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (Card?)

(Think that's all the specs that matter)

So how can I improve my fps? It's not a great computer but it's not *THAT* bad is it? 

snippity

What model is your graphics? If you don't know, press Win+R, type dxdiag and press enter. Then just look in Display 1.

• 3 weeks later...

What model is your graphics? If you don't know, press Win+R, type dxdiag and press enter. Then just look in Display 1.

No, it's actually called AMD Radeon R5

That being said, update drivers

• 2 weeks later...

I can't change my language on Windows 10. Me being stupid, I went on the Dutch version of microsoft.com, and expected the installer to ask me what language to choose. (it doesn't FYI) So I thought, no biggy, go to the language thing and change it from there.

Installed British English (UK > US with language), set it as my primary, rebooted, nothing changed. Relogged, nothing changed. Removed Dutch, rebooted, nothing changed. Downloaded the US variant and rebooted, nothing changed. I am clueless now.

Also, I won't be able to use my pc til friday, so I can't update on possible solutions.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't change my language on Windows 10. Me being stupid, I went on the Dutch version of microsoft.com, and expected the installer to ask me what language to choose. (it doesn't FYI) So I thought, no biggy, go to the language thing and change it from there.

Installed British English (UK > US with language), set it as my primary, rebooted, nothing changed. Relogged, nothing changed. Removed Dutch, rebooted, nothing changed. Downloaded the US variant and rebooted, nothing changed. I am clueless now.

Also, I won't be able to use my pc til friday, so I can't update on possible solutions.

Fixed the problemo, I had my language preference set to UK instead of use language list, so it couldn't update.

• 1 year later...

Topic:Backpack.tf Trading bot Setup Issues

So for backpack.tf Ii'm trying to make a bot,i got the bot installer and the node.js thing downloaded,Ii open up the automatic.bat file and it comes up as normal,asks for my username, I type in my username and press enter and it goes through,then it gets to my password,and it said <hidden> which was also normal,and I would type in my password and press enter,but nothing would happen

Topic:Backpack.tf Trading bot Setup Issues

So for backpack.tf Ii'm trying to make a bot,i got the bot installer and the node.js thing downloaded,Ii open up the automatic.bat file and it comes up as normal,asks for my username, I type in my username and press enter and it goes through,then it gets to my password,and it said <hidden> which was also normal,and I would type in my password and press enter,but nothing would happen

For reference this has been fixed now, we helped him in discord. :)

Here's a weird one I've been getting lately. Sometimes when I turn on my laptop, the Nvidia video drivers stop working and switch over to my Intel gpu.

When I look them up in the device manager, only Intel is listed under display adapters. If I scroll a bit down, there is a section that says "Other adapters" that lists the Nvidia gpu. Checking its properties it tells me that the device is not working correctly and it won't let me update the drivers. However, the problem is easily fixed if I just disable the card and then re-enable it. Good as new, like nothing ever happened. One very important detail to note is that this started happening after I updated Windows a week ago.

Anyone know what could be causing this? If it happens again, I'll be sure to screencap the device manager list.

If it means anything, relevant specs are:

GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 5500

GPU 2: Nvidia GeForce 940M

Here's a weird one I've been getting lately. Sometimes when I turn on my laptop, the Nvidia video drivers stop working and switch over to my Intel gpu.

When I look them up in the device manager, only Intel is listed under display adapters. If I scroll a bit down, there is a section that says "Other adapters" that lists the Nvidia gpu. Checking its properties it tells me that the device is not working correctly and it won't let me update the drivers. However, the problem is easily fixed if I just disable the card and then re-enable it. Good as new, like nothing ever happened. One very important detail to note is that this started happening after I updated Windows a week ago.

Anyone know what could be causing this? If it happens again, I'll be sure to screencap the device manager list.

If it means anything, relevant specs are:

GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 5500

GPU 2: Nvidia GeForce 940M

Random windows bugs....possible driver conflict issue

I'd try running DDU and freshly installing the GPU drivers.