The Truth of MyM!

Wolf the Gent

The overall gameplay of the game, has not changed since 2007.

The new pubs are far superior than the old ones

Queue times are actually seconds (or at least under a minute)

12v6s no longer exist due to valve's new Autofill server feature. (Therefore deleteing the need for autobalance)

• Like 2

update is bad

game is dead

queues are eternal

games are too short

all fun has been removed

stop lying.

Explain. Anyways, have you launched the game passed the first week of the update coming out?

yep.

i play comp with about 7-8 different people on my friends list.

it isn't fun and not being able to choose maps you do not want to play on is a detriment to the game mode. 6v6 on foundry is a god damn disaster.

casual mode is merely a ranked unranked mode and the games are over too fast to justify waiting in the queue.

This is the 5th post you've made praising the new update, I think you should just take that most other people don't like the update and live with it.

• Like 6

Mate I like the update but blind praise doesn't help and just pisses people off further. The update has had and continues to have (To a much lesser extent) serious flaws. Hopefully they're fixed, but stop pretending that everyone has instant queueing or agrees that the ability to not stay in the server after a round ends is "better". 

This is the 5th post you've made praising the new update, I think you should just take that most other people don't like the update and live with it.

'nuff said

• Like 3

I don't know how it is for payload or anything other than CTF (tf2s deathmatch).

But from the matches ive played of MyM vs the years ive been pub ctfing

Queue time is fixed, takes a minute to 2 minutes

Auto balance is nice, not so bad anymore

Matches can range from 20 minutes to 1-2 hours (<- these are the best ever, cool stories to tell when over)

More teamwork (ctf is still a mess but its actually nice seeing people play roles i dont really see much)

EXP is fun, i like it

More people on the mic, some even being people who would normally get told to shut up (kids), and they arent offtopic

all in all the updates that fixed most of the problems made MyM pretty fun

but again this is for CTF not any other gamemode, usually i play community for payload and CP

you made a thread that was exactly the same not even a week ago and people argued the same shit. what are you trying to accomplish with this fam 

Most people go into pubs to play mindlessly without caring about the objective or even getting kills.

Shifting the focus to objective win or get fucked mode doesn't make the game any better, it's just a desperate attempt to cash in on overwatch's success by emulating their game. Poorly. If you want to play serious you should play ranked (oh god don't even get me started on how half baked, broken and utterly unplayable ranked is), you shouldn't be forced to play serious in a game mode where the mentality was 'do whatever the fuck you want' for close to 10 years.

Woah another cod thread this is gonna be great

Fortress of duty is the next installment of cod

(But for real tho you are making this update seem like your god tho)

Actually, everyone I've talked to about it is either reserving judgment, or thinks it's an upgrade. (this doesn't include anyone on the forums here, and is 100% casual or very casual players; I have no use for comp players or wannabe comp players.) But maybe that's just you and me surrounding ourselves with different types of players.

Personally I mostly like the changes, but I love the fact that changes were made, regardless of their effectiveness so far. I had basically lost interest in pubs, and only played some MvM on occasion. Now, casual has me playing a bit more.

I fail to see how this post has any relevance to "The Truth about MyM". 

This should be re-titled "Why I love MyM re-post number 5" since it would be less misleading

It's not about that the update is bad anymore. It's really not: I've never been autobalanced to the losing team since the update, and that alone beats all possible cons for me.

It's about however liberal & open-minded people pretend they are, they're still scared of change. We want updates for TF2, but we don't want it to change.

Queue times are actually seconds (or at least under a minute)

12v6s no longer exist due to valve's new Autofill server feature. (Therefore deleteing the need for autobalance)

Queue time in Australia is 5-10 minutes and I've never played a fair match. Autofill only brings in more dropkicks for the stacked team to pummel. Pre-update I could join any good payload pub and be playing instantly, and with the same people for ages. The only real community vanilla server left in Australia now is Muselk's server

• Like 1

Queue time in Australia is 5-10 minutes and I've never played a fair match. Autofill only brings in more dropkicks for the stacked team to pummel. Pre-update I could join any good payload pub and be playing instantly, and with the same people for ages. The only real community vanilla server left in Australia now is Muselk's server

holy ** thats some issues down there in australia i feel bad for you there

holy ** thats some issues down there in australia i feel bad for you there

And I have never once been placed into a comp match with under 200 ping. Even if 10/12 of the players are in au/nz we will still be thrown into a singapore server. While most of the unbearable issues have been fixed in places like america with very large player counts, smaller regions lay forgotten

• Like 1

And I have never once been placed into a comp match with under 200 ping. Even if 10/12 of the players are in au/nz we will still be thrown into a singapore server. While most of the unbearable issues have been fixed in places like america with very large player counts, smaller regions lay forgotten

that explains constant muselk's rants on twitter

yepnot being able to choose maps you do not want to play on is a detriment to the game mode

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=23303

About the fast games, I think it's a bit annoying too. Basically, in the old pubs you could stay how much you wanted. Sometimes the server restarted, but you could stay as much as you wanted, even all day. Now it's a match from the start to its end, and that's it. You have to disconnect and search another one.

About this, I really liked a comment by Uncle Dane: If Valve realizes this and makes possibile for players to decide if staying as much as they want, or queque for a new match (the missing players being introduced in the meanwhile) it would be better as the players who want to stay don't have to queque again, and overall the already short wait time will reduce even more (after all they would be already almost full).

EDIT:

I misunderstood the first part. I tought you were talking about that bug on casual mode that you already noted and complained in another thread a while ago.