An open letter to the trading community, Steamrep, and Backpack TF

Happysedits

I remember warning the owner of a Burning Flames Salty Dog (when it became all class) cause he had a comment from Venom on his profile.

The following day i was added by Venom just to blame on me, what a kid.

Hes childish and needs to be dealt with. Not only is his only source of income sharking cause hes sad, but hes also a terrible person when you're talking to him. I vote ban him.

EDIT: I am in NO way supporting venom, I'm simply giving insight as to what hes said to me. It also appears that he regularly reads the forums and adds everyone who insults him to justify it. Take it as you wish.

(For the Burning Viewfinder)

Death walks among you.: It's on outpost you twat
Damøn1174: and we can all agree it would go for more than that
Death walks among you.: I paid 1.8 thousand in items
Damøn1174: Keys or dollars/
Death walks among you.: For an item that is 2=5 tops
Death walks among you.: *2.5
Death walks among you.: KEYS
Damøn1174: And so may I see proof of sale?
Death walks among you.: Kys
Death walks among you.: Literally fucking kys
Damøn1174: :P
Death walks among you.: The sale was a beams poke
Death walks among you.: 200
Death walks among you.: Bf tip lid
Death walks among you.: 1200
Death walks among you.: And a collectors case
Damøn1174: and whats the deal with the PE woodsman swap with the lid?
Damøn1174: Because as far as I can remember you traded that with some guy for something
Death walks among you.: He said he hated burning flames
Death walks among you.: Asked me to add 65 in aussies for my woodsman
Death walks among you.: That was his choice not mine
Death walks among you.: Ask him if you want
Death walks among you.: Before you devalue the collectors casemaker
Damøn1174: I wont
Death walks among you.: Harry sharked that
Death walks among you.: I declined 650 in hats
Death walks among you.: He pays 110 and no one gets mad at him
Damøn1174: was it all class yet?
Death walks among you.: Yes
Death walks among you.: All class and 1:1
Death walks among you.: Raven offered 650 in unusuals
Death walks among you.: So I told the view guy exactly that
  • Like 1

Jesus, what a cunt. How is he not trade banned/ forbidden to use premium yet?

Venom can't access premium any longer on his main account. We ban all the alt accounts we find of course. That doesn't stop people near to him from sharing info with him in private tho, and we can't monitor that.

And yeah no one can trade ban besides Valve.

• Like 2

Venom can't access premium any longer on his main account. We ban all the alt accounts we find of course. That doesn't stop people near to him from sharing info with him in private tho, and we can't monitor that.

And yeah no one can trade ban besides Valve.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. And yeah, when I said "trade ban" I was referring to Valve, not to you guys.

After seeing my comment, he added me and told me not to call him a "cunt" because I didn't know the full story. Can you believe it? What's wrong with him? That was laughable as hell.

Posted · Hidden by Jacobmeister, August 7, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Jacobmeister, August 7, 2016 - No reason given

Jesus, what a cunt. How is he not trade banned/ forbidden to use premium yet?

Okay, thanks for the clarification. And yeah, when I said "trade ban" I was referring to Valve, not to you guys.

After seeing my comment, he added me and told me not to call him a "cunt" because I didn't know the full story. Can you believe it? What's wrong with him? That was laughable as hell.

Maybe because Valve doesn't value their items at anything? If one party agrees to do a trade why should the other be punished?

Also, I'm banned from premium now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

One could say Venom is rather toxic to the trading community.

See what I did there

Hes childish and needs to be dealt with. Not only is his only source of income sharking cause hes sad, but hes also a terrible person when you're talking to him. I vote ban him.

EDIT: I am in NO way supporting venom, I'm simply giving insight as to what hes said to me. It also appears that he regularly reads the forums and adds everyone who insults him to justify it. Take it as you wish.

(For the Burning Viewfinder)

Death walks among you.: It's on outpost you twat
Damøn1174: and we can all agree it would go for more than that
Death walks among you.: I paid 1.8 thousand in items
Damøn1174: Keys or dollars/
Death walks among you.: For an item that is 2=5 tops
Death walks among you.: *2.5
Death walks among you.: KEYS
Damøn1174: And so may I see proof of sale?
Death walks among you.: Kys
Death walks among you.: Literally fucking kys
Damøn1174: :P
Death walks among you.: The sale was a beams poke
Death walks among you.: 200
Death walks among you.: Bf tip lid
Death walks among you.: 1200
Death walks among you.: And a collectors case
Damøn1174: and whats the deal with the PE woodsman swap with the lid?
Damøn1174: Because as far as I can remember you traded that with some guy for something
Death walks among you.: He said he hated burning flames
Death walks among you.: Asked me to add 65 in aussies for my woodsman
Death walks among you.: That was his choice not mine
Death walks among you.: Ask him if you want
Death walks among you.: Before you devalue the collectors casemaker
Damøn1174: I wont
Death walks among you.: Harry sharked that
Death walks among you.: I declined 650 in hats
Death walks among you.: He pays 110 and no one gets mad at him
Damøn1174: was it all class yet?
Death walks among you.: Yes
Death walks among you.: All class and 1:1
Death walks among you.: Raven offered 650 in unusuals
Death walks among you.: So I told the view guy exactly that

I'm surprised you did not tell him to fuck off the moment he said "it's on Outpost you twat".

And MrDeepDarkmind, every single person scamming/sharking is cancer. That's kind of obvious.

Lol, venom stalks the fourms still. He saw my post and tried to post on my steam profile lmao

Yeah, he's like, the most insecure person ever. Every time he's ever mentioned he tries to add the person who said it just to spout off at them. Just block and move on.

Venom is making incredible profits. Whether it's corrupt or not, he's still succeeding. Idk why that's ground for everyone to shit talk him any chance they get. If someone gets a low offer and takes it, then that's nobody's fault but their own for being naive. He paid a highball amount (as in his hats at most value would be) ~1000 for the viewfinder, that's still higher than the minimum that outpost bans for for sharking. 

And then everyone bashes and shit talks him on the forums and wonder why he adds people to go off on them. If I could see people blatantly shit talking me I would do something to.

And about the scorching l'homme burgler (i got called a goon, dank) I literally just compared prices, and if that suggestion gets accepted, I guess I was wrong. But Hip J definitely left the part out where he stopped talking about prices, and immediately began targeting venom and saying some abusive stuff just because he couldn't find any counter proof when venom and I provided arguments on what we thought the hat was worth.

tl;dr 

People trade for profit. Don't talk shit on someone that is doing it better than you while still falling under established "trading rules"

If you talk shit on someone, they're going to want to defend themselves. I thought this was common sense but I guess not.

Venom is making incredible profits. Whether it's corrupt or not, he's still succeeding. Idk why that's ground for everyone to shit talk him any chance they get. If someone gets a low offer and takes it, then that's nobody's fault but their own for being naive. He paid a highball amount (as in his hats at most value would be) ~1000 for the viewfinder, that's still higher than the minimum that outpost bans for for sharking. 

And then everyone bashes and shit talks him on the forums and wonder why he adds people to go off on them. If I could see people blatantly shit talking me I would do something to.

And about the scorching l'homme burgler (i got called a goon, dank) I literally just compared prices, and if that suggestion gets accepted, I guess I was wrong. But Hip J definitely left the part out where he stopped talking about prices, and immediately began targeting venom and saying some abusive stuff just because he couldn't find any counter proof when venom and I provided arguments on what we thought the hat was worth.

tl;dr 

People trade for profit. Don't talk shit on someone that is doing it better than you while still falling under established "trading rules"

If you talk shit on someone, they're going to want to defend themselves. I thought this was common sense but I guess not.

Even if you ignored all of the stuff you're telling people to ignore (Which you shouldn't do really, he's said he's a sharker before and is proud of breaking the rules), he's still an easily hatable person for A. Adding everyone who talks about him (who doesn't have him blocked) to talk shit to them more B. Calling out other people publicly and lying about THEM being sharkers or whatever else it may be to shift the hate away from him, and then asking them to apologize to him (which doesn't make sense in that case because he's the one who is attacking them) C. Being rude to everyone and starting fights whenever he can D. making countless alts on these forums (which he is banned on for the aforementioned fighting and overall rudeness) to try and start more fights. So even if he wasn't a massive sharker (which he is), he'd still be a ridiculously easy to hate human being. And that's why people don't like him, I would think.

-HarryG

tl;dr 

Blaming inexperienced traders for their inexperience is pure nonsense, accepting that people be making profit in a corrupt way is even worse than nonsense.

I find it very funny that himself and some of his fellow friends, including you, are shocked by how he gets "shit talked". So this comes from nowhere, is that what you're saying? What you're meaning is, any respectable trader can suddendly become hated by everyone without any reason? And also, banned for no reason? Yeah, no, that's not gonna work. Taking advantage of unboxers who don't know what unusual trading is about, is absolutely lame, disgraceful, and pathetic. Anyone thinking the opposite has got no idea what empathy, kindness and being at the place of the other, remotely mean. Period. Just because the said user was naive, does not mean they deserve to lose hundreds of dollars. 

And please, don't give us the "you're jealous" line. That's just far too easy to justify the hate someone is getting, while that someone actually deserves it.

Blaming inexperienced traders for their inexperience is pure nonsense, accepting that people be making profit in a corrupt way is even worse than nonsense.

I find it very funny that himself and some of his fellow friends, including you, are shocked by how he gets "shit talked". So this comes from nowhere, is that what you're saying? What you're meaning is, any respectable trader can suddendly become hated by everyone without any reason? And also, banned for no reason? Yeah, no, that's not gonna work. Taking advantage of unboxers who don't know what unusual trading is about, is absolutely lame, disgraceful, and pathetic. Anyone thinking the opposite has got no idea what empathy, kindness and being at the place of the other, remotely mean. Period. Just because the said user was naive, does not mean they deserve to lose hundreds of dollars. 

And please, don't give us the "you're jealous" line. That's just far too easy to justify the hate someone is getting, while that someone actually deserves it.

My brother used to play CSGO, and on his very first unbox, he got a karambit worth ~$300. 

He had absolutely no knowledge of trading, and before I had the chance to talk to him about it he had gotten countless offers, that were of course incredibly low. He was smart enough to think his knife would be worth more, and he was completely right. He nearly traded it for a $30 m4a1 skin and $40 ak-47 skin, along with a fair amount of keys which was still worth ~$230

So, yes. If you get sharked, it's your own fault. 

Furthermore, you're right. People shit talking him doesn't come from no where. He had a lot of differences with a lot of people. So much so it wasn't even allowed to say his name. He was banned based off of several arguments on forums. But the MAJORITY of people shit talking him, come from sheer rumors that people hear of him. When he adds them to address the rumors, he's seen as some sort of insecure asshole for this..? 

And I'll say this again. Venom's trading practices still fall under our "rules" Are they sometimes sketchy or shady? Yes, but it's business. 70% do shady stuff. I traded a copy of l4d2 and 3 keys for a 25 key pro KS rocket kit. Both parties were happy. So for you to say "ohh but he is bad trader and he takes advantage of people to get more money!" Guess who's still making more profit, which again, IS THE SOLE REASON PEOPLE TRADE. In the end, someone gets a good deal and someone gets a bad deal. How else do you think people make profit? As long as both parties are happy, it's allowed.