Unusual hat with gifted origin but no gift tag?

Soulfulcorgi

So i was interested in buying this unusual hat but when i checked the item on tf2 backpack examiner it says that The Origin : Gifted. which would be impossible since its a one of a kind unsual/effect hat. it has no gifted tag on the item itself...

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Was it a Halloween effect? If I can recall correctly, some halloween hats will get the gifted tag by default. I'm not sure though, so don't quote me on that.

Was it a Halloween effect? If I can recall correctly, some halloween hats will get the gifted tag by default. I'm not sure though, so don't quote me on that.

No it has a first gen effect and the hat is 1 of a kind so idk how it could be duped or gifted since it has no gift tag on the hat. the owner claims he unboxed it while he was offline/on a private backpack which is why its marked as gifted. help?

It was gifted once, then the gift tag was removed. End of the story, nothing interesting.

I could be wrong but I dont think thats how it works. I have a Flamenco that I unboxed and its has Origin: Gifted on it. 

I could be wrong but I dont think thats how it works. I have a Flamenco that I unboxed and its has Origin: Gifted on it. 

any idea how that happened?

any idea how that happened?

No clue at all. 

I am not a 100% sure but I was once told that if it says that, the crate that it was uncrated from was gifted.

Gifted crate? Interesting.

How has nobody noticed?!? They are from the keyless crates. Just look at my bubbling Texas Slim's Dome Shine. It also has the gifted origin.

How has nobody noticed?!? They are from the keyless crates. Just look at my bubbling Texas Slim's Dome Shine. It also has the gifted origin.

Keyless crates didnt exist when I unboxed the Flamenco. 

People need to stop paying attention to all that crap and just enjoy the game hats. Who cares? I even remember how one guy retracted his offer on some cheap 10 keys unusual cause it had "gifted" origin.

It absolutely doesn't matter, only dumbasses will tell you to lower your price and whatnot because of that. It just says "Origin : Gifted", but it was not gifted.

It absolutely doesn't matter, only dumbasses will tell you to lower your price and whatnot because of that. It just says "Origin : Gifted", but it was not gifted.

Even if it was gifted, it wouldn't lower the price

Items from the keyless crates have Gifted as their origin, those crates contain 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen effects.

Also gift tags can be removed now anyhow, so why would it effect the price of the hat?

If it was truely gifted then you can check the persons backpack on tf2outpost and it will say the date it was gifted.