New pokemon forms and etc thoughts

MrDeepDarkmind

apparently some 1st gen pokemon seems to be getting new forms and buffs

EDIT: aw shit i made a mistake on the title can i edit it or nah because it seems click bait now with the word "Forums"

tl:dw: untitled-2-1470059198210_large.jpg

Alola Executor becomes Grass + Dragon.

Sandshrew and Sandslash Alola forms look dapper. Both: Ground -> Ice + Steel.

Alola Vulpix: Fire -> Ice.

Alola Ninetales: Fire -> Ice + Fairy

I kinda like everything except this new "probably no gyms there" system. Hopefully it will be exclusive to this gen. The pokemon designs aren't bad either: new Vulpix and Ninetales look FAB AF, new Exeggutor looks funny, but in a good way, Sandshrew is just okay, Sandslash hits the spot.

tl:dw: untitled-2-1470059198210_large.jpg

Alola Executor becomes Grass + Dragon.

Sandshrew and Sandslash Alola forms look dapper. Both: Ground -> Ice + Steel.

Alola Vulpix: Fire -> Ice.

Alola Ninetales: Fire -> Ice + Fairy

Sandslash might actually get some love at time

really interested on the shiny Ninetales and since i got a Pokemon center Wish Executor this dragon typing might make a new stall for me or gimmick  

Sandslash might actually get some love at time

really interested on the shiny Ninetales and since i got a Pokemon center Wish Executor this dragon typing might make a new stall for me or gimmick  

I'd like to see some other underrated pokemon get Alola forms.

• Paras + Parasect (more frenzied)
  • Farfetch'd (maybe a tiki stick)
  • Timbur + evolutions (totem related)
  • Like 2

I kinda like everything except this new "probably no gyms there" system. Hopefully it will be exclusive to this gen. The pokemon designs aren't bad either: new Vulpix and Ninetales look FAB AF, new Exeggutor looks funny, but in a good way, Sandshrew is just okay, Sandslash hits the spot.

I'm actually looking forward to the revised gym system. While gyms were pretty distinct and significant roadblocks in the earlier games, in Gen 5 and 6 they just didn't have as much impact since there was so much going on in the rest of the game.

This Orange Islands style might bring the focus back on these gym-esque battles, and that would be pretty cool.

Also Z-moves are stupid.

i really like all of this. with all the new pokemon they needed to do something with the old pokemon too just to draw interest 

• Like 1

Exeggutor's new form is nothing short of hilarious.

Sandslash's new form probably won't see much use, too many weaknesses to common types. Not sure about ninetales.

Z-moves are going to break competitive play.

I kind of dislike these dumb combinations that make no sense. Fire and Ice? Why put them together? Because we are running out of ideas can?

I came into this thread confused.

I left confused but happy that I lived long enough to see the beautiful disaster that Exeggutor has become.

Seriously though at what point will people notice that Pokemon has become maybe just a tad overcomplicated? There's like five different tree mechanic things in this now that seem like you need a math degree to figure out.

I dunno, maybe I'm just a casual scrub.

Not having played pokemon since emerald always makes me feel like I would have such a hard time playing catch-up with all these new forms and attack moves. I have to admit though, the designs on Vuplix, Ninetails, and Sandslash look neat. Exeggutor... I don't know.

I like the idea of the new forms. We're basically seeing regular evolution alongside poke-evolution.

As for the Z-moves, I doubt they'll get banned, as all it basically is is that everyone gets one STABed Hyper Beam per match.

Not having played pokemon since emerald always makes me feel like I would have such a hard time playing catch-up with all these new forms and attack moves.

There really haven't been too many changes.

Gen IV added a special/physical split to moves so there were physical and special moves for each type (where previously, what stats were used were determined by the type of the attack, for instance, all fire attacks used the special attack stat and all rock attacks used the attack stat)

Gen V didn't change battle mechanics but introduced 3v3 and rotational battles.

Gen VI introduced the Fairy type, which counters Dragons, and Mega Evolutions, where a player can have one pokemon transform to a more powerful form, with better stats, a different ability, and sometimes type changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Gamefreak needs to stop trying to furiously jerk off Gen 1, most of these changes seem to only be there just so people are reminded about gen 1.

"HEY REMEMBER SANDSLASH? HEY REMEMBER NINETALES??"

Half of these I wouldn't mind if they just made these into new pokemon rather than trying to rehash the old ones.

Take Sandslash, I can think of at least 4 other pokemon that could've used that Ice/Steel typing better than Sandslash. (Cloyster, Glalie, Cryogonal and Avalugg), so now you have a moderate Tank pokemon that can't tank due to the weaknesses the type has and no way to offset them.

Ninetales? Oh Cool an Ice/Fairy type, but now 4x Weak to Steel which is one of the things Ninetales counters anyways. The new typing just doesn't make much sense and again, seems more like they're trying to say "HEY REMEMBER THESE POKEMON????"

Marowak was given a death sentence by being both a Physical Ghost type and a Physical Fire type, which, unless Sun and Moon add in a ton of new Physical ghost and fire moves, would mean that Marowak can't outshine Chandelure and would see little usage.

The only change to the new forms that I like is Meowth as it fits the pokemon and is the only one I can think of that actually adds to the pokemon's use. Technician and a Dark type? God damn that could be brutal if done well.

Z-moves seems a tad odd with what they said how it works, the pokemon just has to learn a type of move that corresponds to the move and hold an item, would this include Hidden Power? Does this mean that Salamence could learn Infernal Overdrive?

Mega Evolution was interesting from a competitive standpoint and if more had Risk/Reward gameplay attached to them (Pidgeot, Sharpedo, and Pinsir come to mind) and a part of the game was trying to guess what the mega is and working around that, now if it's any pokemon can potentially learn any Z move then there is no prediction involved. It feels like they're trying to tack on new gameplay features because someone complained that Pokemon never changes on their facebook page.

The new pokemon itself seem okay, for every one that stands out there's another one that's not as interesting. At this point in time, I can only see myself using Mudsdale and Wishiwashi.

Gamefreak needs to stop trying to furiously jerk off Gen 1, most of these changes seem to only be there just so people are reminded about gen 1.

"HEY REMEMBER SANDSLASH? HEY REMEMBER NINETALES??"

Half of these I wouldn't mind if they just made these into new pokemon rather than trying to rehash the old ones.

Take Sandslash, I can think of at least 4 other pokemon that could've used that Ice/Steel typing better than Sandslash. (Cloyster, Glalie, Cryogonal and Avalugg), so now you have a moderate Tank pokemon that can't tank due to the weaknesses the type has and no way to offset them.

Ninetales? Oh Cool an Ice/Fairy type, but now 4x Weak to Steel which is one of the things Ninetales counters anyways. The new typing just doesn't make much sense and again, seems more like they're trying to say "HEY REMEMBER THESE POKEMON????"

Marowak was given a death sentence by being both a Physical Ghost type and a Physical Fire type, which, unless Sun and Moon add in a ton of new Physical ghost and fire moves, would mean that Marowak can't outshine Chandelure and would see little usage.

The only change to the new forms that I like is Meowth as it fits the pokemon and is the only one I can think of that actually adds to the pokemon's use. Technician and a Dark type? God damn that could be brutal if done well.

ninetales was kinda random but these forms are FOR 1ST GEN GAMES. ok lets start off with one thing

Marowak gets bone club which increases his attack way fucking good. if defenses are switched then make sense but sense it kept Lighting rod least keeps the electric types away from this pokemon. Persian and mewouth being dark type was already gonna come because it does learn dark type moves but then think about the typing. Z Moves are a one time move since you gotta use a specific item for it.  

Plus Updating the thread 

EDIT: idk why the fuck raichu got buffed again 

• Administrators

Well, Marowak could use Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Fire Fang, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, and Heat Crash for the Fire Physicals.

For the Ghost, Shadow Claw or Shadow Punch, as I don't think any of the others could potentially be learned aside from Breeding.

If Salamence could learn Infernal Overdrive, that'd be great for the Ice-types.

There have been other previous weird type match-ups (Shaymin, Heatran, Gliscor, Lanturn, Volcanion), so that's nothing new.

Also, the new Raichu is pretty much an Electric Audino.

Well, Marowak could use Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Fire Fang, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, and Heat Crash for the Fire Physicals.

For the Ghost, Shadow Claw or Shadow Punch, as I don't think any of the others could potentially be learned aside from Breeding.

If Salamence could learn Infernal Overdrive, that'd be great for the Ice-types.

There have been other previous weird type match-ups (Shaymin, Heatran, Gliscor, Lanturn, Volcanion), so that's nothing new.

Also, the new Raichu is pretty much an Electric Audino.

Judging from the trailers, seems Alolan Marowak will be special based from the attacks I've seen (fireball pursuit-ish attack & spectral ghost Bonemerang) which would make sense giving it more uses to have lighting rod.

Alolan Raichu + Tapu Koko = Electroball spam

But I really hope Alolan forms aren't gen 1 jerk circle only.

I want to see that Alolan Solrock & Lunatone (& may a Ludicolo)